Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logo change!

Logo change!

My Alt P was recently fixed under warranty and it came back with the new logo on the dial replacing the old one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know if it's my eyesight but the minute markers under 5, 10, 15 & 20 are set centrally to the larger square / triangle underneath yet 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 and hour marker all appear to be offset.

Wow. Very interesting that they swapped out the logo but kept the Swiss Made on it vs London. I have a older Alt1-c with the old Bremont logo. It is actually in need of service soon but I certainly would like to keep the current dial!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

I see what you mean about the markers being off set. It doesn't look right to me. I suppose it could be the camera angle that is causing it but if it is not I would be wanting that fixed if the watch was mine.

Logo change!

That's quite an interesting replacement! I don't know that I've seen the updated logo on a dial that keeps the "Swiss made" branding at the bottom. I wouldn't mind the change since I prefer the newer logo, but how do you feel about it?

The markers do look a bit off, but as other said, it may be an illusion from the domed crystal and an off-center photo angle. OP, do the markers look centered in the flesh?

I happen to be wearing my P as well today, but just noticed that the black paint on my crown is suddenly gone? Very odd!

Update: Found it in my S500 leather roll. Darn.
    Last edited by jwalker9; 07-07-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Actually makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bc321 View Post
    Wow. Very interesting that they swapped out the logo but kept the Swiss Made on it vs London. I have a older Alt1-c with the old Bremont logo. It is actually in need of service soon but I certainly would like to keep the current dial!
    They can change the logo at their discretion but the watch was Swiss made and that doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    That's quite an interesting replacement! I don't know that I've seen the updated logo on a dial that keeps the "Swiss made" branding at the bottom. I wouldn't mind the change since I prefer the newer logo, but how do you feel about it?

The markers do look a bit off, but as other said, it may be an illusion from the domed crystal and an off-center photo angle. OP, do the markers look centered in the flesh?

I happen to be wearing my P as well today, but just noticed that the black paint on my crown is suddenly gone? Very odd!

That isn't great, Jeremy. Any idea what has caused it to suddenly fall off?

J.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post

You probably knocked the crown when you were unpacking from your move, Jeremy. The enamel has cracked - I did the same with my ALT1-C/CR when I caught it on a gate. I toyed with the idea of getting some gloss brown Humbrol enamel paint to fill it back in myself to make it unique (the black is vitreous enamel rather than Humbrol!) but then decided to get it sorted with a proper job by Bremont.

Jake and David, I think you're right, it must have occurred during the move. I held on to all of my watches so that nothing disappeared when the movers were around, so they were all in my bag, stashed in my watch roll and a leather wallet. The crown on my P must have banged the side of another watch at some point and cracked it, thus falling off in the case. It doesn't look terrible like this, but I definitely prefer the black paint! I'll see about getting it repaired at some point.

This could be your chance to experiment with different colours. Perhaps try some nail polish or similar paint that can be easily removable.