Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bremont Announce The New America's Cup and Team Oracle Watches

Presenting the new America's Cup and and Oracle series watches:

The ACI

The ACII

The Oracle I

And the Oracle II

Last edited by jwalker9; 06-23-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    You just beat me to posting this! You could see more about the watches here: Bremont America's Cup Chronometers.

J.

First impressions for me? Absolutely love the Oracle I and II. An excellent usage of the color red with the Oracle I! Love that red strap and complementing details on the second hand and tip of the minute hand!

With the Oracle II, I love the new black strap, the borrowed yellow GMT hand.

With both of them, you get the arabic numerals on the dial and the simpler dive bezel, along with that nice red second hand. Very cool!

The AC I is sort of a watch that hasn't been done before; sort of a Solo with a polished case, dial elements from the ALT1-C/PW and Victory, along with some cleverly blued hands. The white dial has a pattern embedded into it that surely has some significance with the America's Cup, but I will have to verify that.

The AC II is a modified ALT1-C/RG with the same pattern details on the twin sub-dials, blued hands, and some tasteful "America's Cup" branding.

Out of all 4, the Oracle I and II are neck and neck for me!

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?
    The winner is - by a long shot - the America's Cup II for me. It is lovely: the balance of the dial is perfect, and the AC branding tasteful and thought out. I love the textured sub-dials, and the way they add some depth to the face of the watch.

Regarding the two Oracle watches, whilst I'm a massive fan of the red Supermarine strap and the GMT features, the lack of texture on the dial seems to leave the watch a little flat, in my opinion. I think if it had the same (slightly more matte, textured, dial) that the S500/S200 has, it'd be a winner for me.

However, as with everything Bremont, my opinion will probably change when I see them in the flesh - you can't beat that!

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 06-23-2015 at 09:45 PM.

With the Oracle II, I love the new black strap, the borrowed yellow GMT hand.
    Yeah, love that strap!

So true, Jake. Seeing them in person will certainly help!

So I've learned the dial pattern in the AC watches, is in fact the Auld Mug! Cool!
    Last edited by jwalker9; 06-23-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Love the Oracle 1 with the exception of the Oracle name on the dial!! Wish they had the white dial like the Oracle II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

I like the look of the Oracle 1 with the red strap. I think they should also market it without the Oracle USA branding which could put people off buying what is a stunning looking watch.

I would like the Oracle 1 but without Team USA on the dial and I think Bremont should give me one for using my name without asking me.........

Seriously though I think the the two AC watches are stunning - the Auld Mug dial detail works really well. I hope the AC1 is polished steel and not white gold!

I really like the Oracle 1 as it is a truly casual sports watch, the reason being the white dial and the red Supermarine strap looks amazing.

Oracle 2 has nice subtle changes from the black S500 and doubtless will be a good seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle
    I hope the AC1 is polished steel and not white gold!
    Your wish is granted, David. It is indeed SS, and not white gold!

J.