Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bremont Announce The New America's Cup and Team Oracle Watches

Wildrover
    I have the opportunity to get the Americas Cup AC11. Is it something that is worth collecting, as I am surprised it's still available. It does look good though.

I was told that all the Bremont Americas Cup watches had to be removed from general sale at the end of last year due to the sponsorship deal they had. I could have been misinformed but it was from a reliable source so I'm surprised that there is still one for sale.

That said, I agree that the AC11 is a very nice watch. How collectible it is though I'm not sure.

Wildrover
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I was told that all the Bremont Americas Cup watches had to be removed from general sale at the end of last year due to the sponsorship deal they had. I could have been misinformed but it was from a reliable source so I'm surprised that there is still one for sale.

That said, I agree that the AC11 is a very nice watch. How collectible it is though I'm not sure.
    Thanks for that input, I have searched Google a couple of times and can't find any reference to the withdrawal of the watches from general sale. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    Thanks for that input, I have searched Google a couple of times and can't find any reference to the withdrawal of the watches from general sale. Anyone?

theancientmariner, that is not correct. If ADís have them in stock, they can still sell them.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm intrigued by your response. As I mentioned, I was told by a (very) reliable source that the Americas Cup watches would no longer be available after 31st December last year. Early this year those watches were put in the Bremont archives on the website with a note to say that they were no longer available through Bremont. I also noticed that all my local AD's removed the Americas Cup watches from their respective websites at the same time so everything seemed to tally with what I had been told.

I guess from what you have said, the only caveat to this is that if an AD has purchased an Americas Cup watch from Bremont then they can still sell it, probably as it's considered an already purchased watch. I guess all my local AD's may be didn't actually have stock of the watches and were simply making them available as and when orders were placed.

A little clarification might help.