Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bremont Announce The New America's Cup and Team Oracle Watches

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    Errrrrrrrrrrr - it's to commemorate a jointly branded event/relationship!?
    Maybe he's referring to overall with releases? If that's the case I tend to agree.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post
    Maybe he's referring to overall with releases? If that's the case I tend to agree.

Interesting debate; my guess is Bremont are aligning themselves strategically with powerful high quality brands which helps drive awareness of who they are and in turn that helps mitigate the investment required to take them from 4 figure annual production to 5 figure. Whilst the recent partnerships with Boeing, Jaguar and AC are close together chronologically, when taken as an actual percentage of their entire range of watches the co-branded ones form a very low proportion...

Interesting debate; my guess is Bremont are aligning themselves strategically with powerful high quality brands which helps drive awareness of who they are and in turn that helps mitigate the investment required to take them from 4 figure annual production to 5 figure. Whilst the recent partnerships with Boeing, Jaguar and AC are close together chronologically, when taken as an actual percentage of their entire range of watches the co-branded ones form a very low proportion...
    It may in fact be a low proportion of their overall production, but it's a majority of their advertising and publicity from what I can see. Aligning with other brands definitely increases awareness as it increases exposure. However, in my opinion it dilutes the Bremont brand as consumers see the tie-ins more than the standard Bremont lineup.

It seems like a short sighted approach to build sales and exposure. They should be coming at this from the long term perspective, but my guess is there is either outside investor influence for quicker profits or it is part of an attempt to prep the company for a sale.

I'm also now of the belief that many of the watches along with the marketing are much too gimmicky, hence my opinion about brand deterioration.

I fully agree with vipereaper30.

By bringing out all these dual branded watches it demeans the main brand of Bremont. Rather than being seen as a luxury watch in its own right it appears to be a brand that can not stand on its own reputation. It gives the impression that it is only a sales gimmick for the "main" brand such as Boeing, Jaguar etc. It's almost like when I was a child and you wanted a Micky Mouse watch, you didn't care who made it as long as it had Micky Mouse on the face.

Errrrrrrrrrrr - it's to commemorate a jointly branded event/relationship!?

No sh!t sherlock.

I know about the jointly branded event. But I would not buy a watch with Oracle written all over it. It's tacky.
    Last edited by rich; 06-25-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    No sh!t sherlock.

I know about the jointly branded event. But I would not buy a watch with Oracle written all over it. It's tacky.
    Dear Dr Watson, call me commercially naive but I suspect that when you're negotiating with the multi-billionaire owner of a $120m sailing team to be the sole official timekeeper for the most prestigious yacht racing event on the planet that there might be a teeny, weeny, bit of pressure to maybe mention his company somewhere on one of the 4 watches you produce to commemorate the event....doesn't mean you have to buy it though.

Just saying

Holmes

My thoughts:
    - Bremont should stop/slow down the partnerships. It's just getting to be too much. Of course, it was a great initial strategy to drive awareness and help themselves differenciate from competition, but if they continue the partnerships at this rate... unfortunately i'm not sure many will stay interested in Bremont.
    - Taking a Alt1-C/RG, stamping "America's Cup" on the face, and then calling it a Limited and Special Addition doesn't seem that special. How could anyone justify purchasing the ACII over an Alt1-C/RG unless they are somehow invested in the America's Cup? Alt1-C/RG over the ACII any day of the week.
    - Similar to above, I would take the S500 over the Oracle 1, however I can see how people might appreciate the white dial. I kind of feel sorry for those who like the like the Oracle 1 though, because for many I bet it's exactly what they are looking for, but the "Oracle" on the dial just ruins it for them.
    Last edited by Bryan15; 06-26-2015 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan15 View Post
    My thoughts:
    - Bremont should stop/slow down the partnerships. It's just getting to be too much. Of course, it was a great initial strategy to drive awareness and help themselves differenciate from competition, but if they continue the partnerships at this rate... unfortunately i'm not sure many will stay interested in Bremont.
    - Taking a Alt1-C/RG, stamping "America's Cup" on the face, and then calling it a Limited and Special Addition doesn't seem that special. How could anyone justify purchasing the ACII over an Alt1-C/RG unless they are somehow invested in the America's Cup? Alt1-C/RG over the ACII any day of the week.
    - Similar to above, I would take the S500 over the Oracle 1, however I can see how people might appreciate the white dial. I kind of feel sorry for those who like the like the Oracle 1 though, because for many I bet it's exactly what they are looking for, but the "Oracle" on the dial just ruins it for them.
    You'll be loving these bad boys then...... http://www.watchtime.com/blog/star-t...ports-watches/

You'll be loving these bad boys then...... http://www.watchtime.com/blog/star-t...ports-watches/
    Omg make it stop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post
    Omg make it stop!!!

Hahah... SMH.