Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lovin' the Lume!!!

Lovin' the Lume!!!

Awesome.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1906.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	3146  

You just need a glow-in-the-dark strap.

The Supermarine has awesome lume! Cheers Jim.
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Great lume shots.

I'm curious to know how long a lume should remain, erm, lumed. My 'C is bright only for a few minutes after which it's impossible to tell the time. My Seiko has a very bright lume lasting about 15 minutes. My Christopher Ward is somewhere between the two.

Do Bremont owners have lumes that last throughout the night?

Rich, my S500 will remain lumed throughout the night - it won't be bright, but it is certainly legible. I have noticed, though, that the bezel seems to fade slower than the hands/markers. I wonder if this is due to a small difference in the lume used?

J.

I'm not overly impressed with Bremont the lume on the whole.
    My iwc and omega are different class. I presume it's all in the look the designer wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    I'm not overly impressed with Bremont the lume on the whole.
    My iwc and omega are different class. I presume it's all in the look the designer wants.
    To be honest, the best lume I've seen on any watch - outside of the Ball Hydrocarbon Tritium gas tubes - is the Seiko Monster series. When you consider the price point too (around 200), it's even more impressive.

J.

Sure looks good.

I agree with you Andyg156.

Firstly I love Lume. Something about it draws me in and adds another facet to a watch.
    Think of a 11 year old boy that gets distracted at the bright lights and is in a world of his own for a moment, unable to be reached, just stuck and mesmerised for those moments. Well that's me when I see good Lume.

But moving on.....
    I'm not overly impressed with the Lume on my MBII, and was hoping for better when I was shopping for a Bremont model.
    But in saying that, I do acknowledge that it's not that style of watch (MBII) that needs SUPER Lume like an S500, and I do love my Bremont regardless.
    The Supermarine Lume is excellent.

I was spoilt prior to getting the MBII on the Lume front with my Citizen JP2000. That thing is a killer and is bright and fresh for a long time and is visible all night (natuarlly it does diminish).

Love to take a photo of it but Lume photography is not a strong point of mine. But I will have a go anyway.

Cheers.......

Grey Side lume
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	3184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	3185