Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made a 3D Model of ALT1-C

Made a 3D Model of ALT1-C

I hope this a correct place to put this. Please move to proper thread if needed.

Currently researching/looking for an ALT1-C. At the time, I had only seen Bremont's via images from the internet. So, to see if the watch 'fit' me, I made one. Here are some images (exploded view):

I had to combine and simplify parts so it can be printed and not drive me crazy during sculpting and assembly. Images of printouts

More images and write up can be found here: http://www.awildermode.com/2015/05/m...t-watches.html

Thanks!

That is seriously impressive, awildermode.
    I'd love to see your efforts at making some others - like the P-51, or maybe the classic MBII.

Thanks for sharing,
    J.

That is one of the coolest things I have seen from any Bremont fan! The ALT-C is one of the few models I don't own but have longed to add to my collection! If you make it to the dealer be prepared to walk out with the real thing! Cheers Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

thats totally bonkers....way cool.
    Bremont
    Omega
    Rolex
    Tudor
    Anonimo
    Dino Zei
    Breitling
    And other various things....

Great looking model. Are you going to paint it? Nice blog on how you made it. Well done. I'm sure you will buy the Alt1C once you see it for real. I did and love it. Best watch I have ever owned.

This is absolutely amazing! You clearly put a good number of man hours into this endeavor and I applaud the effort! I love the way you talk about the process of creating this model on your blog as well.

The end result looked great, but not as good as the real thing! I'm looking forward to the day when you tell us you collected your REAL Bremont!

Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot coming from the Bremont community.

I do have plans to make other models, including the Martin Baker and some of the Limited Edition models. I will update this thread if/when I do, and surely let you know when I get a real ALT1-C. Then I can compare my model with the real thing.

This is bonkersly brilliant - but something that I've seen before.

I'm not sure whether I still have a photo of it, but a few years back I was down in Henley at Bremont HQ and saw a 3D printed / rapid prototyped S2000 which I was able to try on for size. At that time, it was due to be a very different watch, with a protective second caseback...

I wonder if they do it for all their models...?
    web: the #watchnerd (www.thewatchnerd.co.uk)
    Twitter / IG: @thewatchnerd.co.uk

Wow I have nothing but respect for your passion and skills! Please keep us updated on your thoughts on the real steel next time you visit the dealer.

Noted from your website that you may be missing data on the weight. Maybe someone with an electronic balance can shed some light here?

For the lack of proper equipment, I tossed my MBIII on a kitchen scale for your reference... a very very rough reference lol.

MBIII + spring bars (no straps): 95g
    deployant clasp alone: 20g
    Bremont leather straps alone: 10g

awildermode - very impressive work. I'm assuming you utilized a 3D printer and then fine tuned? Asking because I own a MBII, and based off this thread (http://alt1tude.bremont.com/forum/sh...ht=barrel+swap) it sounds like one can easily change the barrel. The moment I read the Barrel Swap thread, I though someone with a 3D printer needs to start a business and sell various barrel colors to MB enthusiasts. Certainly worth further exploring as I think there is a market for affordable barrel colors!

Again, well done.