Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Week With the Bremont ALT1-ZT & U-22

Yes, I really like the larger back 'window'. Any idea if they will transition other models in this direction?

Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    Yes, I really like the larger back 'window'. Any idea if they will transition other models in this direction?
    I think the newer caseback will just stay with the larger rotored movements for now, given the difference in size of the rotor. If I hear any different, I'll let you know.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 04-29-2015 at 05:47 AM.

Well the ALT1-C/PW and RG both use the larger rear display, as well as the Boeing Model 1 and 247, so I don't think it will just be restricted to the watches with the BCW movements. All of those watches do use a larger rotor, however.
    I don't know of any plans for Bremont to start integrating it across the collection, but as I said in the review, I'd love to see it!

Thanks again for all the kinds feedback! Always a pleasure to do these!

Just to add my plaudits for your usual great review, Jeremy.

As a confirmed "Idiot" however, please could someone explain the workings of the 3 divisions every 5 minutes? I haven't got that one…...

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

As a confirmed "Idiot" however, please could someone explain the workings of the 3 divisions every 5 minutes? I haven't got that one…...
    David, where do you mean?

J.

Thanks David! With the U-22 inner bezel, the compass markings drop a Zero behind each demarcation, so that's what you're seeing. It's an effort to save space and avoid clutter I assume.
    Last edited by jwalker9; 04-29-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

Well this "Idiot" took a few days to work it out, it is degree's (as in 360 Degree's in a circle)you have to add a "0" to each number then its easler to understand. I hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Thanks David! With the U-22 inner bezel, the compass markings drop a Zero behind each demarcation, so that's what you're seeing. It's an effort so save space and avoid clutter I assume.
    Ah, that. Yes: it's a standard compass read out. Not exactly sure why they've dropped the zero, but avoiding clutter sounds plausible. It's, incedentaly, how runways are marked - they drop the zero.

h ww! (I dropped the O's there to avoid clutter too…….)

Thanks for the explanation guys, and I do vaguely recall this being mentioned before.

So much to learn. So little time…..

This is a great review. Really enjoyed reading!