Thread: FS: Schofield Signalman DLC Limited Edition

FS: Schofield Signalman DLC Limited Edition ~~HUGE Reduction~~

Up for sale (or trade) is my Schofield Signalman DLC for sale; the DLC version of the Signalman is now completely sold out.

Let me start off by saying that, for full disclosure, my Signalman started off its life as the polished version. I intentionally purchased the polished version and then had it professionally DLC coated. Before I purchased my Signalman and during the course of my research, I read some reports that the OEM DLC coating may experience rub marks. Not only that, but the polished version is really polished, and it picked up too many scuff marks due to its high mirror finish; being the anal watch owner I am, that irked me, so I opted to have my polished Signalman DLC coated with the best there is: Enter Jack Alexyon from International Watch Works, whose reputation precedes him. Many WIS know that Alex at IWW provides the highest quality PVD/DLC coatings around, so I commissioned Alex to do the DLC work, and after a long wait, it came back with his high-grade StealthMaxx DLC finish. That was nearly a year and half ago, and not surprisingly, the DLC coating today is as pristine and perfect as the day I got it back from IWW. I also think the watch looks much better in DLC than it does polished.

Thanks to the DLC coating, the watch is practically in mint condition. I'm the original owner, and I purchased the watch directly from Schofield in the UK. It's a complete set, including the handmade wooden box, papers, GMT push tool, OEM India Rubber strap (with the OEM titanium buckle), and chamois leather cloth. In addition, the watch will also include two extra OEM Schofield straps – the sharkskin and green olive tweed – each with their own polished steel signed buckle. One item of note is that the India rubber strap has a small stain mark at its end (see photographs below). The presentation as a whole is befitting a watch of this caliber. This stunner incorporates the trifecta of watchmaking in that it is British designed, German engineered*, and Swiss powered. You can't ask for more than that.

Price is now SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED to $̶5̶7̶5̶0̶ $̶5̶2̶5̶0̶ $4550 via bank wire. My preference is for a straight sale, but I am also open to trades. I'm not looking for anything specific, but I would prefer something of equal value from an independent or an under the radar brand (like Schofield). Please be reasonable with your trade value. Note that price is inclusive of shipping via fully insured shipping. I have multiple references available upon request. I also welcome a face to face meeting in the Northern New Jersey/New York City area.

Terms/conditions for international buyers: A U.S. sale is much preferred, but I am willing to sell and ship internationally at my sole discretion. International buyers would be responsible for all shipping/insurance charges, taxes, and duties, and I would not be responsible for any loss, theft, damage, and/or customs issues or problems. The only method of payment I will accept from an international buyer is a bank wire in USD.

*Until May 2013 all Schofield watches were designed in England and made in Germany, the dial therefore stated ‘Germany’. Since then our watches have been designed and assembled in England. According to the current law all of our watches could have England written on the dial. In spite of this the Signalman and the DLC still retain the Germany label as we feel this to be the most sincere and appropriate description.

Specifications:

• Limited edition.
    • Automatic Swiss Soprod 9335 movement, 31 Jewels, 28,800 bph (4hz).
    • Decoration: Côtes de Genève, perlage, Rhodium plated, blued screws.
    • Power Reserve: minimum of 42 hours, displayed at 12 o'clock.
    • GMT display at 6 o'clock, set via push button at 4:30 o'clock.
    • Water resistant to 500 metres.
    • Antimagnetic movement holder.
    • Signalman case: 44mm diameter, StealthMaxx DLC coated by International Watch Works.
    • Dial: on two levels, applied numerals, Super-Luminova C1.
    • Sapphire crystal: domed, anti-reflective coating on the inside.
    • Strap: India Rubber strap.
    • Buckle: titanium, engraved, screw in.

Email is the preferred method of communication and will yield a faster response than a PM: axiom106 {at} {gmail} {dot} {com}. I will respond promptly to all questions and inquiries.

Here are plenty of pictures from multiple angles, demonstrating the beauty of this piece. Please excuse any visible fingerprints, dust, or smudges. Note that the following photos were taken in natural light for the most accurate portrayal of the watch and its condition:

Last edited by Vig2000; 06-20-2015 at 07:45 AM.

Be aware that this DLC coating of an originally polished Signalman will invalidate all the Schofield warranty. I know this is the case as i queried it when i spoke to Giles sometime ago.
    Last edited by richslaney; 04-25-2015 at 09:50 AM.
    Regards,

Rich.

My Collection so far:-
    Panerai Submersible 47mm PAM00389 Titanium
    Bremont U2 DLC on Bremont and StevoStraps Custom Straps.
    Raymond Weil Don Giovanni Cosi Grande on StevoStraps Custom Straps
    Seiko Prospex Marine Master 600m Springdrive (SBDB001) (Full Titanium).
    CWC Mechanical Pilots Chronograph
    CWC SBS Dive Watch (DLC)

Quote Originally Posted by richslaney View Post
    Be aware that this DLC coating of an originally polished Signalman will invalidate all the Schofield warranty. I know this is the case as i queried it when i spoke to Giles wometime ago.
    I didn't mention the warranty issue since it's a moot point; the watch is already out of warranty, as I purchased it over two years ago. Also, quite a few of the original DLC versions were purchased close to when the Signalman was released, so if one of those were to come up for sale on the pre-owned market, they too would be out of warranty.
    Last edited by Vig2000; 04-22-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Good point.
    Regards,

Rich.

My Collection so far:-
    Panerai Submersible 47mm PAM00389 Titanium
    Bremont U2 DLC on Bremont and StevoStraps Custom Straps.
    Raymond Weil Don Giovanni Cosi Grande on StevoStraps Custom Straps
    Seiko Prospex Marine Master 600m Springdrive (SBDB001) (Full Titanium).
    CWC Mechanical Pilots Chronograph
    CWC SBS Dive Watch (DLC)

Priced reduced to $5250 for quick sale.

Would like to move, so price significantly decreased to $4550. Will also include two extra Schofield straps for an even better buy: Sharkskin and olive tweed, along with rubber of course.

This is one is now sold.