Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bracelet changing

Anything less than 6 feet is Busch League!

Haha! Cheers Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Yarders View Post
    A quick question for the collective Alt1tude brain. When I bought my Solo recently I also bought a stainless bracelet that I can use on it and my Alt1. The advice with the bracelet is that it should be fitted by a jeweller as the Bremont strap changing tool is for soft straps only. I had a go anyway, cos I'm a bloke and have little use for instructions, but realised that I don't have the required third arm needed to fit the bloody thing! What tools do I need to make changing it easier?
    There maybe another reason you are having issues with this bracelet. On Bremont watches you need different end pieces for the bracelet. So you need different ends for S2000,S500, ALT1 & Solo. I hope that helps.

Outstanding video Jeremy!

I would add two pieces of advice:

1. Use masking tape to completely cover the lugs - maybe I'm too obsessive about this, but I don't want scratches on the backs of my lugs!

2. Use the date pusher to remove the pin at the clasp before adding/removing the bracelet. Then fit/remove the two sides of the bracelet separately, and reconnect the clasp. This makes it much easier to maneuver (as compared to fitting the bracelet with the clasp engaged.)

Best of luck OP!

Tony
    - Tony

https://luxurywatchsite.wordpress.com/

Use the Date pusher? Sounds expensive! You can buy little tools, or ends for springbar tools, that are pretty much a pin with a blunt end, especially for pushing those pins out.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by S2000 View Post
    There maybe another reason you are having issues with this bracelet. On Bremont watches you need different end pieces for the bracelet. So you need different ends for S2000,S500, ALT1 & Solo. I hope that helps.
    Thanks for the reply, but I have solo ends and alt ends, it's my crack handedness that's the issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Antoniopd View Post
    Outstanding video Jeremy!

I would add two pieces of advice:

1. Use masking tape to completely cover the lugs - maybe I'm too obsessive about this, but I don't want scratches on the backs of my lugs!

2. Use the date pusher to remove the pin at the clasp before adding/removing the bracelet. Then fit/remove the two sides of the bracelet separately, and reconnect the clasp. This makes it much easier to maneuver (as compared to fitting the bracelet with the clasp engaged.)

Best of luck OP!

Tony
    Cheers Tony, your second point makes a lot of sense as the weight of the bracelet can make it quite tricky to manoeuvre between the lugs whilst holding in both ends of the spring bar! Will have a go later (once the children are in bed, don't want them learning any new words......)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Use the Date pusher? Sounds expensive! You can buy little tools, or ends for springbar tools, that are pretty much a pin with a blunt end, especially for pushing those pins out.

J.
    I may have used the wrong term (date pusher) - I just meant the pointy-end of the Bremont springbar tool!

TD
    - Tony

https://luxurywatchsite.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Antoniopd View Post
    I may have used the wrong term (date pusher) - I just meant the pointy-end of the Bremont springbar tool!

TD
    That makes sense now - confusion over!

But how many holes have you got in your thumb when the tool slips? Come on own up we have all stabbed ourselves! I usually do it most times I change out a strap - sometimes you just gotta love a nato!