Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noisey Rotor

Noisey Rotor

I think I know the answer to this but I want to check before going back to the dealer.

My Alt1C-Cr on my wrist makes a squeaking/grinding noise and on removing it from my wrist and looking at the movement, when the watch is lightly shaken the rotor spins fully round and is out of balance and is obviously the source of the noise. I take it this is not normal and my three week old watch is faulty?

Hi GaG,

You can never be too careful and take it back to your AD for a check up. But the Alt1-C/CR has an updated Valjoux 7750 which will have squeaky noise and it tends to spin more than it should. Personally I find the squeaky sound part of the charm as it feels more mechanical.

Hope this helps

Agree, the chronographs have a little bit of "wobble" as you wear them and you can hear it if you listen closely. The word "grind" does sound a bit concerning. You could download the Tapatalk app, find the forum, go to this thread and create, then post a short video demonstrating what you are hearing/seeing!?

Thanks for the reassurance. I don't think it was making any noise until today or if it was I never noticed it but I'll do as you say and take it back to the AD just to make sure.

I think you will be fine, Bremont's chronometers have gone through intensive quality control before it gets to your wrist. I did not notice the wobble and squeaky sound until a few days later on my first Valjoux 7750 time piece.

Unless you are Hulk, you do not have to worry to much
    If there is a problem, I am sure the AD or Bremont (legendary customer service) will sort you out.

Hopefully you are all correct and there is nothing wrong. I'll get it checked out in the morning and post back what the AD has to say about it. Thanks again.

I went to the AD and we checked it out against one in stock and they were both the same. Looks like I over reacted. No problems so I can breath again.

Glad to hear everything is fine!

Enjoy your mechanical watch! It will wobble but that's part of the charm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Chronograph Valjoux 7750 has a much larger, heavier rotor and a different clutch mechanism to the smaller ETA 2836 type movements found in the non chrono Bremont watches. The 7750 rotor is a free spinning type so you will notice a distinct "wobble" as it spins, and due to the velocity at which it can spin the rotor bearings will be slightly noisy in operation. The 2836 movements have a much smaller and lighter rotor and are not free spinning, so you'll not feel them wobble and will not hear any noise from them at all.

Is the rotor unidirectional or bi-directional on Bremonts?