Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Boeing Model 247 Ti GMT

  1. #11
    Administrator jwalker9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,405

    Boeing Model 247 Ti GMT

    Quote Originally Posted by glacierjb View Post
    Lovely! It seems the bezel has been updated to grey from black? I like that!

    Although I would still prefer the date window somewhere else, especially now that it sticks so close to the bottom subdial.

    Also, timing bezel on a chrono seems a bit redundant... Perhaps a countdown bezel or compass... or even moving the GMT markers to the rotating bezel (GMT Master II) to further clean up the dial lol.
    Buried in the press release, it mentions that the bezel on these Titanium GMT models are actually CERAMIC instead of sapphire! This marks the first time Bremont has used Ceramic!

    Here's a snap off how different it looks, on the Model 247 versions.

    Last edited by jwalker9; 03-19-2015 at 04:40 PM.

  2. #12
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,229
    A point worth noting with this is that when the 247 GMT is released, it will be slightly thinner that it presently is. Personally, I think that'll add to the wearability of the piece. The rotor may also change design to a slightly different style (I saw it today, it's lovely!)

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Buried in the press release, it mentions that the bezel on these Titanium GMT models are actually CERAMIC instead of sapphire! This marks the first time Bremont has used Ceramic!

    Here's a snap off how different it looks, on the Model 247 versions.

    Ah... thanks for the clarification, Jeremy. Can't wait to check it out at the boutique!

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    A point worth noting with this is that when the 247 GMT is released, it will be slightly thinner that it presently is. Personally, I think that'll add to the wearability of the piece. The rotor may also change design to a slightly different style (I saw it today, it's lovely!)
    All of that is very exciting news. Thanks!!

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    86
    After my somewhat brief but ultimately unsatisfying flirtation with the Terra Nova, this could tempt me back to the fold.

    I had initially ordered a 247 but the more I looked at it, the more I could see that the second hand almost lined up with the M in the Bremont name, making it look a little crooked to my eyes. Now they're moved the name to the side, this won't be an issue.
    Finally joined the Bremont family with a Terra Nova!
    Rolex 16613, 116713 & 114060

  6. #16
    Newb
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    5

    Model 247-TI/GMT w/ TI strap

    Hadn't seen a picture with the titanium bracelet posted anywhere on the net, so I thought folks might care to see it. (Sorry for the lousy photography.)

    IMO, the Seattle strap looks nice, the the Ti bracelet takes it to another level.

    -Alys


  7. #17
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysandir View Post
    Hadn't seen a picture with the titanium bracelet posted anywhere on the net, so I thought folks might care to see it. (Sorry for the lousy photography.)

    IMO, the Seattle strap looks nice, the the Ti bracelet takes it to another level.

    -Alys

    The looks a lot heavier than it probably is - it is, indeed, the first time that I've seen it on the Ti bracelet. Thanks for sharing!

    J.

  8. #18
    Newb
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    The looks a lot heavier than it probably is - it is, indeed, the first time that I've seen it on the Ti bracelet. Thanks for sharing!

    J.
    With just the Seattle strap, the 247 TI-GMT is practically weightless; were it not for the scratchiness of the strap itself (looks great, but rough inner texture) you might forget you were wearing it. With the Ti bracelet, it does add weight, comparable to a Bremont Alt1/ZT (the other watch I'd been considering) with a leather strap.

    Regards,
    Alys

  9. #19
    I am starting my savings fund for it now.
    Last edited by kaufen; 11-30-2016 at 07:41 PM.

  10. #20
    Senior Member thebounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Manila, PHILIPPINES
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanm_3 View Post
    After my somewhat brief but ultimately unsatisfying flirtation with the Terra Nova, this could tempt me back to the fold.

    I had initially ordered a 247 but the more I looked at it, the more I could see that the second hand almost lined up with the M in the Bremont name, making it look a little crooked to my eyes. Now they're moved the name to the side, this won't be an issue.
    Unsatisfying? I'm thinking on a TN
    Am I missing something?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites