Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple Watches

They're expecting to sell 20 million of them, and when Apple updates to the next generation, they'll sell another 20 million, etc, etc.

Meanwhile, my Globemaster will have stayed up to date with simple strap changes :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - TexZan -

I met with Breitling at Baselworld on Saturday to look at their new B55 'Connected' watch. They say it'll be guaranteed software/hardware updates for 15 years after you buy the watch, including any new features they add to the watch. I wonder if Apple will do similar?

Wildrover
    That looks just too cheap.

I do like the Apple version, but agree - there will be a new version every 6 to 12 months.

Plus, the battery life is a joke.

Pre-orders started today on the Apple Watch! Anyone decide to get one? I'll be taking a pass, at least for a few generations, but am anxious to see how well they are adopted.

No plans here, at least for a few generations. I feel there will be too many glitches in this first generation. Happy to be proved wrong, though!

J.

Welp, today is the day! I don't have one arriving on my doorstep, but does anyone else? I'll admit that I've already watched a few unboxing videos though!

Geek <-------

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Welp, today is the day! I don't have one arriving on my doorstep, but does anyone else? I'll admit that I've already watched a few unboxing videos though!

Geek <-------
    A friend of mine is receiving one today, hopefully. I will have to 'borrow' it off him sometime soon and see what they're like.

J.

The only thing I don't like is I wish there was a more then just one language setting like on my phone I can speak in German and it writes it! On the watch I can't do that so when my family from Germany texts me I have to go on my phone!!
    Last edited by kaufen; 03-16-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaufen View Post
    The only thing I don't like is I wish there was a more then just one language setting like on my phone I can speak in German and it writes it! On the watch I can't do that so when my family from Germany texts me I have to go on my phone!!
    My thoughts exactly!