Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U2?

U2?

Hi,

I'm new here and planning to get a U2.

There seems to be no discussion on here about the U2 or shots. Is there something I should know? Not liked?

Also, they seem to be disappearing from AD websites, any ideas why anybody?

Many thanks,
    Steve

Hi Steve, Welcome!

Actually the U2 is one of their best sellers - I think like the MBII they pretty much disappear from the ADs as soon as they hit the stores so that's why you probably don't see any! Also given the fact that Bremont make low numbers of watches and their base ADs are growing both here in the UK and in the USA I can imagine that there is little U2s to go around.

There has been some discussion here on the U2, although I don't think many members here have one bar a couple who have the Limited Edition version that's probably why they are not discussed as much.

Which one are you thinking of getting? DLC or Stainless Steel. Might be worth waiting for the SOLO if you are going for stainless steel as they are very similar in appearance but the U2 has the added roto-click bezel and anti-shock anti magnetic case for the extra money.

Hi Piers and thank you.

I'm planning on the Stainless Steel if it's still around when my funds become available. The Solo looks lovely but I do use the bezel on my 24 year old Seiko diver regularly and like the idea of an internal one. Time will tell!

The watch bug is new to me as you can tell from a 24 year old Seiko. Having seen a Bremont and found they're an English watch co, I'm pretty much stuck on the idea although in researching watches I've found plenty more that I'd like too. If anyone has Leica or Apple stock, sell now possibly as my discretionary spends are going elsewhere for the foreseeable..

I bought the U2 DLC and I have to say i love it. I think the LE is a bit overcooked on the dial, and whilst I like the SS version the DLC is just a bit more sinister! It looks great on any of the NATO Nylon straps on a weekend, or I stick it on a leather strap for work days.......I really do rate its looks and get regular questions on it. Go for it!!

I think the U-2 is a really good piece: it captures the spirit of the U-2 Squadron watch, while (technically) improving on it. The only thing that would make it better for me, would be the stealth "U-" and 2. I think that was a touch of genius (a bit like the red 17 on the Globemaster). Really nice touch...

Salon QP Bremont U-2 by Noodlefish, on Flickr

I love the U2 but have to say that the plain DLC version is the one I prefer over the Ltd edition. I've seen some shots over at ATG of it on a sand canvas and it looks brilliant - Given the green lume I would also like to see it on a green Bremont strap... may seem crazy but I suspect it would look awesome!

Thanks for the idea Piers!! I couldn't find a photo of a U2 LE on a sand strap so I took the gamble and it looks great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0043.jpg 
Views:	792 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	587

That looks brilliant! Given the green lume it would look equally great ona green canvas or possibly a green leather!

Great Shot Adesmith!

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and like many I struggled with which Bremont to get. I originally started out looking at the ALT1-P but eventually changed to the U2-LE.
    I was looking for an everyday watch that I could use while hiking, swimming etc. I have a good automatic that I use for work but needed a tool around watch for the evenings and weekends. When I learned of the DLC coating and the MBII background I was hooked. I realized this was a watch that would take all that I could throw at it. I decided on the LE because of the display back. Yes I know, it looses some anti-magnetic protection but I love looking at the workings. The MBII minute hand is a bonus that I like as well.

I'd highly recommend this watch to anyone. I've had it for two months now and it is great. Because I wanted it for tooling around and not business I immediately took off the leather strap, to keep it looking good, and put on the Canvas strap. This is good and bad. The good news is this is a fantastic strap! It is extremely comfortable and durable. It is so comfortable I have been able to actually sleep with it on. Which is exactly what you want if you are traveling or camping and don't feel like taking of your expensive watch. Now the bad - well not so bad - I can't see the display back with it on! It would be great if they made a Canvas that would allow user to expose the back.

Anyway I'm considering investing in a Kevlar but not sure if this will be as comfortable as the Canvas. Anyone experienced this?
    To keep with the DLC I'd go with the new DLC buckle but may hold out until their is a DLC Deployment Clasp. I'm also interested inhering from anyone with a Deployment Clasp as to how comfortable it is on the wrist. Others I've tried can dig in a bit and don't seem that good for long time use.