Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Jaguar MKI and MKII Announced for BaselWorld 2015

According to today's rates, give or take a bit:

USD 10,950 = GBP 7,050
    USD 6,550 = GBP 4,215

I hope this doesn't mean Bremont are embracing our friends across the Pond to such a point that they're giving them favourable rates now. I know they seem to be pushing the US angle hard but since Bremont IS still a British company I'd be mightily disappointed if they are turning their collective back on domestic sales in favour of the Mighty Dollar.

But then in this day and age, I guess there is no loyalty on either side of the fence...
    Bremont U2 SS
    Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Oris TT1 Divers - white dial / blue bezel
    Suunto Traverse

Personally I don't mind the logo on the front, and I think from a marketing point of view I actually think it makes sense of the dial design plus it isn't a bad brand to promote - it hasn't done Breitling any harm putting Bentley on the dial!

I do mind, though, if the American RRP is proportionately lower…….

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

I do mind, though, if the American RRP is proportionately lower…….
    I too would be a touch miffed.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    I don't mind the logo on the front, and I think from a marketing point of view I actually think it makes sense of the dial design plus it isn't a bad brand to promote - it hasn't done Breitling any harm putting Bentley on the dial!
    I don't mind it too much on the dial, it's no different to the Norton watch with their logo on the dial! Just trying to work out if it's an oversize crown (or bigger than normal) on the MKI, and I'm not sure if i like the Jag logo being on the end of the crown, would rather see this as the Bremont prop.

Guys, the price difference solely reflects your VAT that is included in the RRP. In the US, purchases are taxed state by state, on top of the RRP(usually around 8%). This is a non issue. Take out the VAT and the prices are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Guys, the price difference solely reflects your VAT that is included in the RRP. In the US, purchases are taxed state by state, on top of the RRP(usually around 8%). This is a non issue. Take out the VAT and the prices are the same.
    Why thank you

In the US, there is a saying..."Don't forget about Uncle Sam!" He will always get his share!

Am very interested in this piece, I have to say. Beautiful design, just contemplating my points stated above re. the crown and logo!!

I think both the MK1 and MK11 are both great looking watches! The partnership with Jaguar is also a none issue with me! I believe the E-Type is one of the most iconic automobiles of the 20th century! And like the Norton is pure vintage British Motorsport art! My all thime favorite auto is the Shelby Cobra,but close behind is the E-Type! I think this new line will open Bremont to another demographic of watch enthusiasts who appreciate over the top engineering! My next watch I had my sights on was a Boeing but now I am not so sure! Cheers Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

The crown does appear to be a bit protrubarant in photos, but will have to wait and see how it looks in real life. What do you think of the strap? Personally, I really like it, but wonder how it would look on other straps?

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    The crown does appear to be a bit protrubarant in photos, but will have to wait and see how it looks in real life. What do you think of the strap? Personally, I really like it, but wonder how it would look on other straps?
    Strap looks very "of the era" i would say, I think it would look awesome on the black + red stitch!! Maybe even the Hambledon.......??