Thread: Grounded!!

Grounded!!

As any of the pilots on this forum will tell you aviation can be a very uncertain business - and today was no exception! The plan was for me to meet up with Jake and together we would fly north to meet Rich at Sleap. On arrival at Shobdon airfield we found poor visibility and an 800 ft cloud base which was well below the 2500 ft minima needed to avoid high ground on our intended track. With no means of safely letting down through cloud at our destination the option of an instrument flight was therefore denied to us. We were both really looking forward to meeting up with Rich and retiring to the airport cafe to talk about the pleasures and vicissitudes of owning Bremont watches, having to cancel this sortie was most disappointing!!

With time on our hands and little prospect of an improvement in the weather Jake and myself did was comes naturally to pilots, we retired to the airfield cafe to discuss flying and the pleasures and vicissitudes of owning Bremont watches! Over cups of coffee and tea we discussed plans for another trip and also took some photos of the watches we had with us, my altitude SE and Jake's lovely green S500, he had also brought with him his Meridian, the first time I have see this watch outside SalonQP. After a good look around the hangar, and some more photos, it was time for me to leave. My thanks to Jake for his hospitality and apologies to Rich for not making it up to Sleap this time, we will certainly try again later - on a day when David can get over from Nantwich??

Gavin

Last edited by Sunray02; 02-14-2015 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Gavin, it was great to meet you today - and Rich, it was good to speak briefly!

Here's some quick shots from today. I'll add more later.

Also, Gavin, not a problem re. hospitality - anytime!

There was so little going on at Sleap there were no aircraft to take photographs of! I did enjoy a cup of tea and a sausage sandwich whilst waiting for the weather to improve!

Good to speak to you both today and looking forward to trying again in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post

Good to speak to you both today and looking forward to trying again in the not too distant future.
    Hopefully, Rich.