Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bremont at BaselWorld 2015

Bremont at BaselWorld 2015

It's creeping up faster than I realized! Anyone planning on going this year??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be seeing Bremont on the Friday morning. Tudor first though on Thursday afternoon and Rolex on Friday so looking forward to seeing all of them and to see what the others are up to!

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Will be seeing Bremont on the Friday morning. Tudor first though on Thursday afternoon and Rolex on Friday so looking forward to seeing all of them and to see what the others are up to!
    I'll also be seeing them on the Friday, but I think I'll pop along on the 18th if I get a chance, and say hello.

We are getting closer!! Only a month away now! I think its time to start taking a crack at what we may see at the Basel exhibition! Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    We are getting closer!! Only a month away now! I think its time to start taking a crack at what we may see at the Basel exhibition! Any takers?
    I really haven't got a clue this year, but I suspect there will be a new Boeing model or two. I'd also like to see a Limited Edition based around an aircraft - maybe a Lancaster or Vulcan.

I have no clue as to what Bremont is planning, but for me I would love for them to use a present model and make a Motorsport addition! AKA Rolex Daytona or Omega Speedmaster! Everybody has to drive a car and most of us fantasize about auto racing! They could use say an Alt1-P and put on a speed bezel and special dial to cap it off!Then turn the inner bezel into a 12 hour ring for a second time zone! Or maybe an Alt1-C with a speed bezel! It could be named after one of the famous British race tracks or race car models! I know they already have a relationship with Jaguar so maybe something with them for the masses and not a LE. Most of the new race teams use a lot of carbon fiber so maybe they could incorporate that into the design, and British racing green could also be part of the theme. O well that is my fantasy for a new model, and if enough of us think this would be a great addition to the Bremont line, I would bet we could make it happen! Cheers Jim
    Last edited by CaptLeslie; 02-17-2015 at 12:57 AM.
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I really haven't got a clue this year, but I suspect there will be a new Boeing model or two. I'd also like to see a Limited Edition based around an aircraft - maybe a Lancaster or Vulcan.
    I could get down with another Boeing, but to fill which void? A GMT version? Just wondering where they will go next after doing a 3 hander and a chronograph. Last year, the LE announcement was well after Basel..same with the Codebreaker the year before. Based on history, we may not see an LE at Basel this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLeslie View Post
    I have no clue as to what Bremont is planning, but for me I would love for them to use a present model and make a Motorsport addition! AKA Rolex Daytona or Omega Speedmaster! Everybody has to drive a car and most of us fantasize about auto racing! They could use say an Alt1-P and put on a speed bezel and special dial to cap it off!Then turn the inner bezel into a 12 hour ring for a second time zone! Or maybe an Alt1-C with a speed bezel! It could be named after one of the famous British race tracks or race car models! I know they already have a relationship with Jaguar so maybe something with them for the masses and not a LE. Most of the new race teams use a lot of carbon fiber so maybe they could incorporate that into the design, and British racing green could also be part of the theme. O well that is my fantasy for a new model, and if enough of us think this would be a great addition to the Bremont line, I would bet we could make it happen! Cheers Jim
    Good ideas, Jim! I dig it! The Ecurie Ecosse Model is most similar to what you're describing, and that ended up being a beauty! The Jag LE was awesome looking, but only 6 made and you had to buy a million dollar car to be eligible. As you said, maybe one for the masses would be appropriate. Would be a good way to get the BWC/01 into more models?

The other day, I realized that there hasn't been a DLC version of the ALT1-C yet. Wonder if we will ever see that implemented? If so, bet it would be a military squadron model.
    Last edited by jwalker9; 02-17-2015 at 05:22 AM.

I still want to see a manual wound, and therefore thinner, dress watch. Exhibition back, naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarders View Post
    I still want to see a manual wound, and therefore thinner, dress watch. Exhibition back, naturally.
    That's a good idea, and could be a likely 'target.' Would you base it around something like the Solo or Wright Flyer styling, or a 'custom built' model?