Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4 months have passed, still annoyed and moving on.

Gavin,

Have spoken to RMM recently, he is well! He does have a sickness however, and that's flipping watches He admits that despite how much he loves a particular watch, he eventually trades them down the line to try setting else. It's a sick hobby that we enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    It would appear from an outsider you are using this as an excuse to sell your Selfridges watch and make money! Don't blame you selling a rare watch though, but do you need an excuse. And if Bremont are that bad why pay over RRP, because Bremont are great time pieces?
    Well if you get that feeling it probably is because you are an outsider. I don't feel the need to defend myself but I will point out that even if I only had a small part in the Alt1tude SE project, with the help of others, I did get the project off the ground. The problems I pointed out contributed to deflate my passion.

I didn't need an excuse to sell the Selfridges. I could decide that whenever I want. But my passion for Bremont was more than "I just think the watches look good". Some behind the scenes stuff happened and I decided to give it some time to decide whether or not I wanted to stay involved on the Bremont forums. I decided not to for the reasons above. And one more that I keep to myself as someone at Bremont trying to be nice actually did the total opposite. But everything happened all at once, like a perfect storm.

Also, I never paid over RRP for my Bremonts, but I am trying to sell for more because I feel the MB2 Self #1/10 is a rare piece that can fetch a small premium over sticker. I may be off my rockers and that's okay. But today someone somewhere will pay sticker for a regular MB2. Well that same person could pay a little more and get an exlusive barrel color, a #1/10 edition and a bunch of straps that he would otherwise had to pay. And maybe saving taxes as well. Not a bad deal, just need the right person to show up.

If I wanted to just sell it, I have received many offers for sticker. If I really needed the money now I could sell it real quickly. I think my chances for selling it with a profit are better on Bremont forums where people know what it is. This reminds me I should put it up on ATG.

No longer a fan boy...

Quote Originally Posted by G-F View Post
    Well if you get that feeling it probably is because you are an outsider. I don't feel the need to defend myself but I will point out that even if I only had a small part in the Alt1tude SE project, with the help of others, I did get the project off the ground. The problems I pointed out contributed to deflate my passion.

I didn't need an excuse to sell the Selfridges. I could decide that whenever I want. But my passion for Bremont was more than "I just think the watches look good". Some behind the scenes stuff happened and I decided to give it some time to decide whether or not I wanted to stay involved on the Bremont forums. I decided not to for the reasons above. And one more that I keep to myself as someone at Bremont trying to be nice actually did the total opposite. But everything happened all at once, like a perfect storm.

Also, I never paid over RRP for my Bremonts, but I am trying to sell for more because I feel the MB2 Self #1/10 is a rare piece that can fetch a small premium over sticker. I may be off my rockers and that's okay. But today someone somewhere will pay sticker for a regular MB2. Well that same person could pay a little more and get an exlusive barrel color, a #1/10 edition and a bunch of straps that he would otherwise had to pay. And maybe saving taxes as well. Not a bad deal, just need the right person to show up.

If I wanted to just sell it, I have received many offers for sticker. If I really needed the money now I could sell it real quickly. I think my chances for selling it with a profit are better on Bremont forums where people know what it is. This reminds me I should put it up on ATG.

Sticker price = 3400. Your price = 5400. If that's a small premium I'd hate to see you selling for a big 'un!

Lets be honest.

It has a yellow barrel and is named after a department store in the UK. Hardly a Mil Sub !

Good luck if someone pays an extra 2,000 for the privilege.

Edit… , in wrong place
    Last edited by MFB Scotland; 12-13-2014 at 10:32 AM.

I had a double take there thought I saw 20K!! A watch is only worth what someone will pay for it, as G-F pointed out only ten we made, it is indeed uber exclusive!

Gavin

[QUOTE=Sunray02;16589]I had a double take there thought I saw 20K!! A watch is only worth what someone will pay for it, as G-F pointed out only ten we made, it is indeed uber exclusive!

Gavin[/QUOTE

Lets agree to disagree. It has a yellow barrel.

That's the point. How much is a yellow barrel worth?

Right now, you can't have a yellow barrel except for one of these 10, and the other 9 are not for sale afaik.
    No longer a fan boy...

I've never been overly keen on this model. For me it is just an MB2 with an unusual barrel colour and named after a store. I just don't understand why it is expected to be a want to have watch. I prefer the uniqueness of the Alt1tude SE, which currently looks of no other Bremont. They currently sell for less than RRP. So I don't see how this watch can be expected to sell at the inflated price. Unless someone with an affiliation to Selfridges comes looking or specifically has a thing about yellow.

4 months have passed, still annoyed and moving on.

Well, going by history, a like new, never worn Selfridges MBII sold on eBay in June for over 4k less, at $3,675. Here is the page for it, but the pictures have been removed since its been so long. TIFWIW. I think that price may be a little low, but it's the only comparison we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jwalker9; 12-13-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Anyone with a regular MBII could have any colour barrel they want. Any decent jeweller can take these things apart and there's many small engineering firms that would anodise it any colour you want for not a lot of money.

Personally I think the TWG version is better due to the MB1 second hand and bezel but was never overly keen on the blue which is one of the reasons I sold it
    Last edited by me1357; 12-13-2014 at 05:58 PM.
    Iwc Big Pilot
    Bremont Boeing Model 1 White
    Panerai Pam 305
    Panerai Pam 422
    Ball Diver Chronometer
    Ball Fireman II
    Lum-Tec M54 Bronze 24/200

Worn in that order