Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 months have passed, still annoyed and moving on.

4 months have passed, still annoyed and moving on.

I have been away from this forum (and pretty every watch forums) for the last 4 months. I just wanted to see if my attitude towards Bremont would change. You know, give it some time to see if I can regain the love I once had.

Well, no. I can't. I still haven't got over the numerous quality control problems and the whole debacle surrounding the Wright SE. There are many good people at Bremont don't get me wrong. But everytime I look at my MB2 Selfridges I am reminded of the sad stories. So I almost never wear it anymore.

Even worst, while I love how the Solo37RG I gave my gf last year looks, when she wears it I regret that I gave her a Bremont.

Anyhow, I put my MB2 Self up for sale. Not in a hurry to sell, but once it's gone, it's gone.
    No longer a fan boy...

Really sorry to see you leave us, over the years you have made a huge contribution here! With regard to the WF debacle I think most of us here have moved on and put it behind us in the hope that the company has learnt a salutary lesson. As for the QC issues, and I have had one myself, it was repaired promptly and I still believe Bremont offers some of the best customer service around. Hopefully things will improve, they need to, but the company is still very new compared to the competition and time will tell. Personally I think you have been too judgemental but such is life!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray02 View Post
    Really sorry to see you leave us, over the years you have made a huge contribution here! With regard to the WF debacle I think most of us here have moved on and put it behind us in the hope that the company has learnt a salutary lesson. As for the QC issues, and I have had one myself, it was repaired promptly and I still believe Bremont offers some of the best customer service around. Hopefully things will improve, they need to, but the company is still very new compared to the competition and time will tell. Personally I think you have been too judgemental but such is life!

Best wishes,

Gavin
    I agree Gavin - I've had one myself, and it was sorted in the normal, prompt, style we are accustomed to with Bremont..

G-F, sorry to see you go - I've enjoyed seeing your MB/SELF on the forum.
    I hope you change your mind and come back soon.

Good to see you back, G-F! I'm sorry that your time away hasn't helped reignite any passion for the brand you used to care so much for.
    Good luck with the sale of the Selfridges watch! Come back anytime if you'd like...you don't even have to talk about the brand

Best,

jeremy

A bit dramatic, but...Bon Voyage.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Danger View Post
    A bit dramatic, but...Bon Voyage.
    A bit!? Personally I'm just hoping the sadness depresses the price on that rather nice yellow MB2 somewhat

Maybe a bit dramatic. But I drank the Bremont kool-aid like there was no tomorrow. I owned 4 Bremonts, and was on every Bremont related forum. I always expressed how proud and how much I loved the Bremont brand on those forums. But now I wanted to explain the reason I lost faith and why I'm selling one of the rarest MB2 Bremont ever made. In fact, I lost so much faith, I started wondering, was there really a Mr.Bremont that helped the brothers in a forced landing in France? Lies are a slippery slope.

Those who don't like the price of the Self MB2 you have every right. I don't like the price of many things. I don't need that money right now, I just want to get rid of it and I'm in no hurry. But it's a very rare Bremont and when Bremont gets bigger than Rolex (in 50 years) that Self MB2 is gonna be worth gold. :P

Plus I'm gonna give the happy new owner an equally very rare Bremont/Horsemen badge.
    No longer a fan boy...

Wildrover
    Quote Originally Posted by G-F View Post
    Maybe a bit dramatic. But I drank the Bremont kool-aid like there was no tomorrow. I owned 4 Bremonts, and was on every Bremont related forum. I always expressed how proud and how much I loved the Bremont brand on those forums. But now I wanted to explain the reason I lost faith and why I'm selling one of the rarest MB2 Bremont ever made. In fact, I lost so much faith, I started wondering, was there really a Mr.Bremont that helped the brothers in a forced landing in France? Lies are a slippery slope.

Those who don't like the price of the Self MB2 you have every right. I don't like the price of many things. I don't need that money right now, I just want to get rid of it and I'm in no hurry. But it's a very rare Bremont and when Bremont gets bigger than Rolex (in 50 years) that Self MB2 is gonna be worth gold. :P

Plus I'm gonna give the happy new owner an equally very rare Bremont/Horsemen badge.
    It would appear from an outsider you are using this as an excuse to sell your Selfridges watch and make money! Don't blame you selling a rare watch though, but do you need an excuse. And if Bremont are that bad why pay over RRP, because Bremont are great time pieces?

Honestly, and this is of course my opinion, I don't really care about the story that surrounds the brand. What matters to me is the end product: the watch. I love the watches they make (unfortunately for my wallet) and that's the bottom line. To each their own I guess

For me the story that surrounded the brand was the raison d'etre why I first took an interest in Bremont - and seeing a Victory in the flesh for the first time! People leave for all sorts of reasons, some more explicable than others, Bravo73 being a case in point! I do miss the superb photography of RMM, haven't seen him around here recently, hope he is OK.

Gavin