Thread: Napoleons Hair to put into LTD Watches

Napoleons Hair to put into LTD Watches

Napoleon's hair to be put in limited edition watches.
    Watches containing Napoleon's hair will be sold by De Witt watchmakers for more than £6,000 each.....I jest you not....Napoleon's admirers will be able to carry his DNA on their wrists after a Swiss company announced it planned to sell watches containing a fragment of the emperor's hair.
    Half-millimetre slices of his locks will be placed inside a limited series of around 500 watches that are to bear the likeness of Napoleon, said Viviane de Witt, CEO of De Witt watchmakers.
    The watches will sell for around €8,000 (£6,350).
    A

point

Just to remind you that this year is the bicentenary of the battle of Waterloo - a famous allied victory if ever there was one! Now, does anyone have some of the Duke of Wellington's hair???

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray02 View Post
    Just to remind you that this year is the bicentenary of the battle of Waterloo - a famous allied victory if ever there was one! Now, does anyone have some of the Duke of Wellington's hair???

Gavin
    Good point, Gavin. Interesting that the De Witt family are direct descendants of Napoleon.

It would be interesting to know if there are traces of arsenic in the hair - it was suggested that his death was hastened by the presence of arsenic in the house he was held in St Helena. I do know that arsenic was used to colour ceramic tiles in the old days - that disgusting yellowy cream colour that you sometimes see in old buildings for example.

I suppose the watch would make a good pair together with a Bremont Victory!

I think bits of historical wood and metal and paper and cloth in watches is just cool (ala Bremont) but ... am I the only one who finds human hair in a watch a bit creepy?
    - Tony

https://luxurywatchsite.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Antoniopd View Post
    I think bits of historical wood and metal and paper and cloth in watches is just cool (ala Bremont) but ... am I the only one who finds human hair in a watch a bit creepy?
    Its bit weird and kinky, just like eating cats and dogs for lunch....not my bag at all, couldn’t believe it really...
    A

point

Quote Originally Posted by Antoniopd View Post
    Agree 100% - that sounds quite disgusting.

Regards

Jon'.

An old form of hair spring maybe
    In antique jewellery there is a whole classification of "Mourning Jewellery" that contains often woven hair of a deceased loved-one.
    Perhaps not a good idea to revive this fashion.....