Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MBIII Update

MBIII Update

I wanted to update the forum on the earlier thread that I posted regarding the issue I was having with the GMT hand on my MBIII - the hand had malfunctioned such that it if the main hands were on the hour, the GMT hand was in a position between two hour markers. Probably a lousy explanation of the problem, but in any event . . . .

I received my MBIII today, exactly four weeks from the day that it was received by Bremont in Henley. The watch appears to be in good working order now. Bremont's customer service, as has been mentioned many times on this board, was exemplary. I was kept informed about the progress of the watch repair, the watch was shipped both ways by overnight priority FedEx shipping (at Bremont's cost) - in short, I was very pleased with the customer service experience. Antonia was my main contact, and she was simply great.

The diagnosis? The "end shake" needed to be adjusted. I don't really know what that means, but hopefully the problem is gone and will not reappear. Anyway, that adjustment was done, and the watch was fully tested, and now deemed by the head watchmaker to be "running well and within tolerance".

I am of course disappointed to have had the issue so soon after taking delivery of the watch, but these things happen, I suppose. Once again, the customer service experience was top notch.

Scott

Thanks for the update, Scott! Hopefully the your issue is fully resolved.

I am interested though in knowing what the "end shake" thing entails. Or at least know if there's something MBIII or ETA 2893-2 owners should look out for.

Quote Originally Posted by glacierjb View Post
    Thanks for the update, Scott! Hopefully the your issue is fully resolved.

I am interested though in knowing what the "end shake" thing entails. Or at least know if there's something MBIII or ETA 2893-2 owners should look out for.
    I think it is also known as Twerking….

Excellent news Scott, glad to hear you've got your watch back - now, enjoy it. I have been enjoying mine since I got it back. Looks the duck's guts too with the light brown Hambleden strap - very noice.

Cheers

Phil
    Last edited by PM1448; 11-13-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Glad to hear your watch is back! My MB111 has been my daily wearer for several months now with no issues! Enjoy your watch and give us some cool pics of your adventures! Cheers Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    I think it is also known as Twerking….
    LOL good one there Mr. Oracle!

Real glad for you Scott for getting the MBIII back. My MBIII has been sent to service for a week now and boy do I miss that watch!

H
    Quote Originally Posted by glacierjb View Post

Real glad for you Scott for getting the MBIII back. My MBIII has been sent to service for a week now and boy do I miss that watch!
    Sorry to hear that - same issue for your MBIII or something else?

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    H

Sorry to hear that - same issue for your MBIII or something else?

Scott
    My MBIII had quite a few issues, such as gaining more time than the COSC tolerance (and my other watches), and some obvious cosmetic slip-up.

Very disappointing indeed. Guess I'll just have to wait and see how Bremont handles it. The representatives at the HK boutique are pleasant to deal with so that's a good start lol.

I'll try to update you guys on how it goes.

I'm useless at describing technical things, but endshake is the play between wheels; you need some movement, but if there's too much, then it won't correctly align with the next wheel.
    web: the #watchnerd (www.thewatchnerd.co.uk)
    Twitter / IG: @thewatchnerd.co.uk

At Bremont they will make it right. Of that you can be sure.

WilsonWatchWorks 39mm Diver
    MB II/AN
    SOLO/WH-SI