Thread: Changing the barrel

Changing the barrel

Hi guys,

I just purchased a MBII of a forum member here and happy to say it came with a second barrel. I'm keen to change it over but wanted to check if this is something for the Bremont guys to do or is it simply undoing those screws and sliding it off? I don't want to go breaking things the first week I've got it.

Thanks in advance
    Cam

First off.... Welcome! The MBII is a great pick up. I would recommend having Bremont do the barrel change. Not sure anyone here has ever attempted to do on their own??
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Quote Originally Posted by Bc321 View Post
    First off.... Welcome! The MBII is a great pick up. I would recommend having Bremont do the barrel change. Not sure anyone here has ever attempted to do on their own??
    Thanks mate! That's all the advice I need. haha. I just wasn't sure if it was a watch built to have it's owners swap them or it was more for the professional. Love the watch though. I must have looked like an idiot today constantly checking the time.

i heard its literally taking out those few screws and it comes right off.....if true, no need to send to bremont...
    Bremont
    Omega
    Rolex
    Tudor
    Anonimo
    Dino Zei
    Breitling
    And other various things....

Quote Originally Posted by ericf4 View Post
    i heard its literally taking out those few screws and it comes right off.....if true, no need to send to bremont...
    A 10 min exercise. Just make sure you don't immerse in water

Thanks guys. I'll have a think and see how steady my hand is.

Quote Originally Posted by waXology View Post
    Thanks guys. I'll have a think and see how steady my hand is.
    How did your barrel swap go? Did you try it or have second thoughts.! I have always wondered how easy a job this could be but never had a spare barrel to switch, but I will in the future! Cheers Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Had the same question as CapLeslie... :-)

Also, if anyone frequently changes their barrel, a YouTube instructional video would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan15 View Post
    Had the same question as CapLeslie... :-)

Also, if anyone frequently changes their barrel, a YouTube instructional video would be much appreciated!
    Hey guys,

I thought better of doing it myself and then never got around to taking it to Bremont though did have thoughts again this week about taking it in...

A youtube vid would be amazing though!

anyone have instructions for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro