Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grey watch imports

Grey watch imports

I'm just looking into purchasing a new watch and a work colleague gave me the name of a watch broker that he has used to source watches for him in the past. This particular broker always supplies watches complete with stamped international warranty cards from an AD and complete with all boxes etc. Has anybody had any good / bad dealings with Grey Imports? ie warranties not being honoured, serial numbers removed from watch case etc.
    You read stories on the internet saying warranties aren't honoured yet the watches my colleague has shown me are all bought from either an Italian or Greek AD. How would the Watch co's know this watch was a grey import and not something you've picked up on your holidays?
    The watch I'm looking to get retails at 17k and I have been given a price of 12k so it's quite a good saving.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Ian

Try tz-uk forum, as there are a lot of good threads on there and if you can't find info someone one will surely help.

I would never buy from the grey market.

But then you are a AD aren't you Oracle. A good one but still a little biased don't you think without an explanation for your view?

Quote Originally Posted by Paw3001 View Post
    But then you are a AD aren't you Oracle. A good one but still a little biased don't you think without an explanation for your view?
    You've done it for me.

I am afraid I certainly would. There is one well known UK based internet watch broker that can get 25-30% off of UK RRPs simply by sourcing watches from EU ADs. Whether or not you would be able to convince an AD here to honour that discount in lieu of you going to the internet is a question to be tested, but when you have two young kids, a sizable mortgage, and limited disposable income, you need all the breaks you can get!
    Bremont U2 SS
    Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Oris TT1 Divers - white dial / blue bezel
    Suunto Traverse

Just noticed that Harybalds second sentence is identical to that posted by Ian on the 11th of June last year - deja vu or what??

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray02 View Post
    Just noticed that Harybalds second sentence is identical to that posted by Ian on the 11th of June last year - deja vu or what??

Gavin

Not just that Gavin, but the whole comment appears to be a 'copy and paste' from Ian.

Good eye, guys. Harybald is a spam bot account. We get a lot of them and I identify and ban them as soon as I notice. If you guys see any more activity like this, just report it and I'll take care of it.

Deja vu?
    I knew you had said that, Gavin……….