Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New MBIII Issue

"As to why the problem exists, who knows - my own opinion is that I think Bremont are over-reaching themselves by producing too many types of watches and perhaps losing focus and attention to detail but this is just speculating. In the end, I don't really care - what I do care about is the after sales service when a brand new watch is not doing the job it was designed to do.[/QUOTE]"
    Virtually all start up companies go thru this same problem dealing with success! It is very easy to get ahead of yourself because you have so many good ideas you want to bring to the market! The hard part is to figure when to slow down and be true to your core values! This is not the first time Bremont has had a few issues bringing out a new model, but I have never seen a company solve their problems quicker and address their problems faster! If you never make mistakes you are not trying hard enough! One of the great things about this FOURM is that we have a direct link to the customer sevice side of Bremont all the way to the Top! I assure you they are listening and are quick to respond! One of the things that draw customers to Bremont is the number of choices you have so you can make an individual choice that fits you not the crowd! Their relationship with the military is a noble and smart choice! The individual models for units are not new models but core watches with unit cosmetics! When you make aviation inspired watches you want pilots to wear them!!! It does not bother me to see individuals to ask questions about their watches when they have problems! I just might learn something from a comment from a member that will keep me from having a problem with my collection! Their will always be a few people that have a bad experience with a company that cannot be fixed! For those few it is their choice to move on and look for a different product! Bremont is not the watch for everyone and they should not try to be that! In closing, I think Bremont will sort out the problems with some of their new models quickly to the satisfaction of their owners and these watches will be the PRIZE in their collection! Remember watches are complicated and extremely difficult to manufacture and sometimes sh_t happens! CHEERS Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

I wonder if this position was filled
    http://www.jobsthamesvalley.co.uk/Se...Id=LJA-6738686

Well said, Jim. A quick look at LinkedIn suggests Bremont added a large number of staff in 2012 and 2013; it takes time to bring new people up to speed and efficiently organize and lead a new team. I'm glad to see they are building the QC troops; I think this is vital to their continued success as they innovate and expand. Stellar customer service can take them only so far, and faulty product can overwhelm CS and compromise the brand. But Nick and Giles are smart and well advised, so I have no doubt they will overcome this challenge.

Now for the obligatory watch pic. :-)

- Tony

https://luxurywatchsite.wordpress.com/

I hear what you're saying Jim and despite the issues I've experienced with my Terra Nova, I'm trying very hard to remain positive about the whole experience but this latest issue is making it harder to maintain a positive outlook.
    Irrespective of how technically challenging it is to produce high end pieces of mechanical engineering, it still rankles me that the QC checks aren't being carried out in a manner commensurate with the value of the item, rather, the customer is left to point out glaringly obvious issues that shouldn't have been missed.
    Finally joined the Bremont family with a Terra Nova!
    Rolex 16613, 116713 & 114060

I think there have been some great points raised in this thread. On internet forums I've found you tend to get people who are passionate about the subject and the brand and this brings it's own dynamic.

I have owned 3 luxury watches and only the Bremont has had issues. Poor timekeeping on arrival, AR coating rubbing off, and 6 months trying to arrange for the COSC certificate. Each time Bremont customer service was excellent and the issue was sorted over and above.

Do I think the QC could be a little better, Yes I do. Do I think for instance Breitling would have handled these issues in the personal and easy to deal with way of Bremont, No.

Bremont are a business so I do think we should discuss issues on here and challenge them to become even better as a company but remember to keep it in perspective. Ultimately I want them to succeed and keep designing watches so I can make my next watch a Bremont too.

Quote Originally Posted by scwheeler View Post
    I think there have been some great points raised in this thread. On internet forums I've found you tend to get people who are passionate about the subject and the brand and this brings it's own dynamic.

I have owned 3 luxury watches and only the Bremont has had issues. Poor timekeeping on arrival, AR coating rubbing off, and 6 months trying to arrange for the COSC certificate. Each time Bremont customer service was excellent and the issue was sorted over and above.

Do I think the QC could be a little better, Yes I do. Do I think for instance Breitling would have handled these issues in the personal and easy to deal with way of Bremont, No.

Bremont are a business so I do think we should discuss issues on here and challenge them to become even better as a company but remember to keep it in perspective. Ultimately I want them to succeed and keep designing watches so I can make my next watch a Bremont too.
    I have just returned from a week away, and so am catching up on all that has been going on.

I am sorry to read about the issues that have been experienced with the TN, and it must be a huge disappointment to receive an eagerly awaited purchase only for there to be a problem or fault with it.

When I was younger I ALWAYS seemed to get the duff toy or game and I used feel utterly cheated and despondent.

But I much later in life had things put into perspective.

When Playstations were first launched in 1995 we searched everywhere to get one for my son Rob's Christmas present, only to have been sold THE one (by ToysR Us in Manchester) that had continental plug fittings on the mains leads!! Doubtless the only one in the UK!!

As his parents we were distraught for him, and when he realised that he wouldn't be able to play with it his little head went down onto the chair cushion in front of him.

But at 8 years old he taught me a great lesson. He looked up from the chair, with no tears, and said "Oh well. It can be sorted" - as it duly was in the New Year.

I am encouraged by those of you who have had these issues because you are showing the same "Shit Happens" approach that Rob did, and that you realise that it will be sorted by the ever wonderful Emma and team at Bremont. I know "Shit shouldn't happen" but sadly it does in all walks of life - I know many luxury car owners who have nightmares with their ultra expensive cars…..

We all have a tremendous admiration and respect for Bremont and the wonderful watches that they produce. As Jim so rightly says it is still early days and the company is growing at a tremendous rate.

Keep faith with Bremont - it will be sorted - and enjoy it when it is sorted.
    Last edited by Oracle; 10-14-2014 at 01:50 PM.

I admire the sentiment of those who have the "shit happens" attitude, and value the customer service / quick resolution as much as (or even over?) slick sales. I'd like to be one of those open-minded, generous-of-spirit people.

However, I am man enough to admit that I am not.

If I drop 4k (give or take) on a luxury timepiece I expect it to be spot on. I don't expect to be the beneficiary of excellent after-sales care because I don't expect to have to use it. It's nice when you do, but you shouldn't have to. Movements in watches branded "tested beyond endurance" by a company boasting about how their models are tested using ejector seats and and special shock-proof cases should not be affected by common-place (or even non-commonplace) knocks. QC should be sufficiently rigid that they look at all details of a watch with the same keen eye as a proud new owner and if ANY ASPECT of the watch is slightly off, such as a skew-whiff bezel, it should be rejected. There is NO tolerance for this.

As a young company Bremont should be striving to do everything 100%, 100% of the time. They are not. For me, that's simply not good enough.

My next watch will be a Breitling.
    Bremont U2 SS
    Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Oris TT1 Divers - white dial / blue bezel
    Suunto Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by turbohobbit View Post
    I admire the sentiment of those who have the "shit happens" attitude, and value the customer service / quick resolution as much as (or even over?) slick sales. I'd like to be one of those open-minded, generous-of-spirit people.

If I drop 4k (give or take) on a luxury timepiece I expect it to be spot on. I don't expect to be the beneficiary of excellent after-sales care because I don't expect to have to use it. It's nice when you do, but you shouldn't have to. Movements in watches branded "tested beyond endurance" by a company boasting about how their models are tested using ejector seats and and special shock-proof cases should not be affected by common-place (or even non-commonplace) knocks. QC should be sufficiently rigid that they look at all details of a watch with the same keen eye as a proud new owner and if ANY ASPECT of the watch is slightly off, such as a skew-whiff bezel, it should be rejected. There is NO tolerance for this.

As a young company Bremont should be striving to do everything 100%, 100% of the time. They are not. For me, that's simply not good enough.

Can't argue with any of your post. My experiences have been below par on all my watches. However, they have all been actioned without fuss and all cosmetic. But as you said I shouldn't expect that on a product that is classified as coming from a luxury brand.
    However my experiences haven't put me off placing an order for a forth.

Quote Originally Posted by turbohobbit View Post

That's me told then T H

As an old enough man to admit it I would also add that life as a whole keeps it in perspective.

When my wife was diagnosed with cancer 5 years ago her "shit happens" attitude outshone the most expensive Diamond or Watch that I have ever sold, and, thankfully, the cancer was "sorted".

But nothing, NOTHING could compare with the possible prospect of losing her. Her treatment cost far more than 4k and wasn't perfect, but it was sorted in the end.

And bear in mind too that I used to own and sell Breitling. Give me a Bremont any day.

Don't get me wrong, there are aspects of life where adopting a "shit happens" mentality is certainly the way forward, and I imagine battling cancer is one of those times. I certainly found adopting just that attitude during my recent stay in hospital and after my accident helped me - and continues to help me - no end. You could argue that "shit happens" as portrayed in Voltaire's Candide flies in the face of this mentality, with Zadig's "not on my watch" (s'cuse the pun) mentality shining through, but to be fair Voltaire was having a philospohical jibe at those who roll over and accept their lot hopelessly, rather than those - such as your wife and indeed myself - who accept the hand dealt to them and play on in spite of such dark opportunity as doled out by lady luck, as is more the case in Zadig.

Anyway, I digress.

Keeping it on-topic, and if we restrict ourselves to comparing watches with watches, I still think that there should be no room for *meh* when regarding quality of luxury watches. I appreciate that some brands just have bad luck with certain lines or models (the luxury car market example previously being a good one) but it rather strikes me that Bremont appears to have struck a rich vein of form in this area. To paraphrase Mr Wilde's Lady Bracknell, to have a fault identified in one watch model, Mr. Oracle, may be regarded as a misfortune; to have a fault identified in two looks like carelessness. And let's be honest, the TN is a limited-run series and the MBIII has just broken cover so it's not like they're churning hundreds of these out every month and one slipped under the radar. No, sorry, it's detention and lines for the Brothers English. "I must not overreach myself and be careless with my QC. I must not overreach....."

Regarding Breitling, I was being a bit flipant to be honest. My next watch WILL be a Breitling, but rather because I have picked out a model I want in my collection rather than because of this current debacle (I'm a multi-brand collection sorta guy rather than an all models from one mark. Neither is right or wrong, but two sides of the same coin). That said, if I was thinking another piece from Henley as my next purchase, I think this may give me pause for thought.
    Bremont U2 SS
    Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Oris TT1 Divers - white dial / blue bezel
    Suunto Traverse