Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Terra Nova Video

New Terra Nova Video

Bremont have just posted up their new promo video for the Terra Nova, which is now shipping. In fact, many of you guys are expecting to take delivery soon! Hope this whets your appetite in the mean time!

Last edited by jwalker9; 10-07-2014 at 11:29 AM.

It's not helping!
    Finally joined the Bremont family with a Terra Nova!
    Rolex 16613, 116713 & 114060

I thought this watch was based on the 500 but in the video it says 2000m, is its aircraft titanium super strong which gives it the extra depth
    Iwc Big Pilot
    Bremont Boeing Model 1 White
    Panerai Pam 305
    Panerai Pam 422
    Ball Diver Chronometer
    Ball Fireman II
    Lum-Tec M54 Bronze 24/200

Worn in that order

It is based on the 500
    Finally joined the Bremont family with a Terra Nova!
    Rolex 16613, 116713 & 114060

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Bremont have just posted up their new promo video for the Terra Nova, which is now shipping. In fact, many of you guys are expecting to take delivery soon! Hope this whets your appetite in the mean time!

Not helping at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanm_3 View Post
    It is based on the 500
    I know its based on the 500 which should give it a water rating of 500m but in the video when it shows the back it clearly says 2000m, maybe its another one of Bremonts famous typo's
    Iwc Big Pilot
    Bremont Boeing Model 1 White
    Panerai Pam 305
    Panerai Pam 422
    Ball Diver Chronometer
    Ball Fireman II
    Lum-Tec M54 Bronze 24/200

Worn in that order

Quote Originally Posted by me1357 View Post
    I know its based on the 500 which should give it a water rating of 500m but in the video when it shows the back it clearly says 2000m, maybe its another one of Bremonts famous typo's
    Interesting... at exactly 1:51 in the video you do see 2000m but in the Bremont website, the pic of the back shows 500m. The site also states that it's water resistant to 500m.

It's 500m certified. I believe at some point the plan was to base the watch off the 45mm S2000 case, but that plan was changed to use the 43mm S500 case. The video does have a shot that shows 2000m at 1:51, which is a good catch by Igy22!

Oh dear, I do hope we are not going to get our knickers in a twist over this one!! Like the rest of you my knowledge of the TN is strictly limited but based on my experience of the alt1tude SE in the pool of the Mistral Hotel here in Crete ( and elsewhere) the watch is certainly good for water resistance to 2m and I have taken it up to 3000m in an unpressurized aircraft with no ill effects! I have no doubt the TN will handsomely exceed these parameters!!

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray02 View Post
    Oh dear, I do hope we are not going to get our knickers in a twist over this one!! Like the rest of you my knowledge of the TN is strictly limited but based on my experience of the alt1tude SE in the pool of the Mistral Hotel here in Crete ( and elsewhere) the watch is certainly good for water resistance to 2m and I have taken it up to 3000m in an unpressurized aircraft with no ill effects! I have no doubt the TN will handsomely exceed these parameters!!

Gavin
    Truly tested beyond endurance, Gavin

Sadly once again Bremont have been careless in their presentation, however I really cannot understand why, ultimately, it matters that much.

I bet very, very few of the 300 purchasers of this watch will be going beyond 500m let alone 3000m with the watch on, and 2mm is smaller than an ants wotsits.

What I do believe, though, is that Bremont seriously need to sharpen their PR act, especially after the Wright Flyer hit turbulence.