Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Bremont Deployant and Black Strap

SOLD: Bremont Deployant and Black Strap

For sale here are a couple of items I don't use any more, so it makes sense to find them a new home...

First up is a 20mm Bremont Deployant Clasp (to fit a 22mm strap). It is in near-perfect condition. These retail for 185 new. I would like 90 for it, including postage to the UK. Other destinations at cost.

Next up is a 22mm Bremont Black Calf Leather strap with white stitching. It is in excellent condition, with only minor wear. Spring bars are included. These retail for 155 new. I would like 90 for it, including postage to the UK. Other destinations at cost.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Payment by bank transfer is preferred. PayPal is fine too, if the buyer picks up the fees.
    Last edited by welshlad; 09-22-2014 at 01:35 PM.

A large Airbase, Somewhere near Oxford.....
    Could I ask, what length is the strap? I know Bremont offer different lengths in some of the straps (I have a U2 S/S on what I would call a medium length strap, but the strap on my U2 LE is longer (and has 2 rows of holes)...

The "R" on the tip of the long end denotes that it's a Regular length strap.

This listing is a great deal that I'm sure someone will snap up quickly!
    Last edited by jwalker9; 09-21-2014 at 09:08 PM.

The strap on my S/S U2 only has "BREMONT" on the longer piece, no length markings or other identification. The strap on my U2 LE is slightly longer on both pieces, but it is the difference in the hole used to fasten to length that is most apparent, and the resultant 'overhang' on the free end.

Actually, looking at the pic of the rear of the strap, it has 7 holes, so does mine, but the holes on mine are further away from the spring bar end, and more towards the tip. The last hole on mine is just before the start of the inwards curve towards the tip...

By scaling the image (holding my Strap against the screen, at the right distance so that the lengths match, then my 'usual' hole, 3rd from the tip, would be the last one on the one for sale.

Production standards vary over time, hence why I asked for the length. The strap on my #14 U2 might well have been standard length at the time, but may still differ from the current 'standard length'.

Looking at the straps in the online boutique, they offer short, regular, long and extra long. My wrist measurement of 19cm falls into the 'end of Regular' or 'comfortably into Long' range. If that's the case, then I can only presume that the twin hole strap on my U2 LE is Extra Long as standard, as I'm nearer the short end of that one, rather than the long end of my S/S version.

And further.. Looking further at the measurements, I wouldn't be surprised if my U2 S/S strap was 'Long' and my U2 LE strap was 'Extra-Long'. based on the stated lengths, and my strap holes, relative to total length...

Ok, here's the deal... YES, I'll buy it !! on the Deployant clasp... And 'very interested' on the leather strap (subject to the length being correct for me)...

You're right, the strap lengths and hole placements have changed over the past 2 years or so. I feel like the new ones work better in general. I have a small wrist, but can wear a Long without too much overhang. The regular fits me just right though. My wrist is just a tad under 7 inches.

Has the deployment been repaired or altered ? Unless this is a third version, I don't think they come with a spring bar. I have an old and new deployment and both have the screw and tube bar, one thick and one thin.