Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Referendum

Scottish Referendum

One week to go and we will know the outcome of this referendum, passions are running high on both sides, the stakes could not be higher! Sadly, although born in Edinburgh, I do not have a vote as I live outside Scotland. This is a piece from the Telegraph about Eric 'Winkle' Brown a highly decorated naval aviator held in great esteem by his peers!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...kle-Brown.html

Gavin

Is the general feeling that this vote will go "no", or is it too close to call?

Hello Jeremy, probably too close to call at this stage, the 'no' campaign are staging a late come back. The result of a 'yes' vote will be most profound for Scotland, the rest of the UK and europe itself. In that eventuality the Prime Minister will be faced with a constitutional and economic problem the likes of which we have not seen since Lord North's administration so ineptly lost the American colonies in 1776!

Gavin

A 'No' vote for me. Although it is getting quite tense this side of the border. Major repercussions for the whole of the UK no matter the final outcome.

I've already voted no, since I'll be out of the country on the day, so I hope I'll be allowed back in, in the event of a yes vote ;-)
    Finally joined the Bremont family with a Terra Nova!
    Rolex 16613, 116713 & 114060

Wildrover
    What is Salmond and the SNP thinking about proposing this?

Hope it's a NO.

Reminds me of that classic line in Top Gun - "son, your ego's writing checks your body can't cash"

Or as some others have said, Salmond's suffering from "small man syndrome".
    Finally joined the Bremont family with a Terra Nova!
    Rolex 16613, 116713 & 114060

I just hope that sense will prevail at the last minute!

Wildrover
    If it doesn't prevail. Close all borders and make England the powerhouse. Bring home Trident, Typhoon and Tornado. Shut off funding for free education at University's immediately and encourage businesses to relocate to England.

Good thinking wildrover! On the Scots wish list as I understand it are 3 frigates, 12 Typhoons and 5 C130's - clearly in the event of a 'yes' vote the horse trading will be fierce! How many people in the armed forces will want to transfer to the new Scottish Defence Force, or whatever it will be called, is a moot point!

Gavin