Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swisswatchtrader

swisswatchtrader

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...s-Watch-Trader

Don't say that you weren't warned.

I'm going to update this thread shortly, but don't have time at the moment. Until then, I'm going to close this thread until I have time to say a few things.

Hey guys,

A few thoughts on this subject. Paul (swisswatchtrader) is a new member on this forum. Many of you are active members on other forums and may or may not know about him. I've personally never met Paul or had any interaction with him other than comments on Instagram. If you don't already know, he runs a business of buying and selling watches via his website. As with any business plan, it's understood that maximal profit= buying low and selling high.

In the past, as Bravo73 pointed out, there have been some issues with Paul not being clear with his intentions to sell watches that he was buying. This has been pointed out and It appears Paul has taken steps to become more transparent with how he does business.

I've personally spoken with a few forum members oh have recently done business with him, and they have said that he was very open with his business, not haggling prices, and easy/quick to work with. All of them had good things to say and went into the transaction with full knowledge that their watch would likely be re-sold for more money in the future, but were okay with that.

So in summary, yes, Paul (swisswatchtrader) buys and sells watches, and it is true that in the past there is documentation of some deals taking place which were not very forthcoming to say the least. Given that he clearly registered under his business name and that I've heard nothing but good remarks from the people he's recently worked with on this forum, including his intentions to resell, he is welcome here.

That being said, let's all be responsible adults here and treat interactions with respect and use the forum for it's intended purposes rather than just a sales corner. If you are approached by Paul about buying an item you have listed, you should know it will likely be resold on his website. If you're okay with that, there's no reason for me to stop you. Please contact me directly with any further questions or concerns.

Thanks all,

Jeremy

I have just sold a Bremont watch to Paul and it was a very very straight fwd transaction, a lot easier than my experience of the last private sale I had. I said how much I wanted and he agreed - done in 2 days. I have no interest in what Paul can get for the watch I sold him as I was happy with the money I got. Businesses have all sorts of set up and running costs etc etc and guarantees that private sellers do not have so obviously there needs to be a mark up. The price Paul offered was more than other far better known luxury watch websites.

It is always down to the seller if he wants to sell at the price offered of not, so IMOH I see no reason why anyone should have an issue.

Just my tuppence worth...

equally I don't think it's reasonable to start this thread with 'Warning' in the title as it immediately raises suspicions and some people won't delve any further than that!

Quote Originally Posted by tintintin View Post
    I have just sold a Bremont watch to Paul and it was a very very straight fwd transaction, a lot easier than my experience of the last private sale I had. I said how much I wanted and he agreed - done in 2 days. I have no interest in what Paul can get for the watch I sold him as I was happy with the money I got. Businesses have all sorts of set up and running costs etc etc and guarantees that private sellers do not have so obviously there needs to be a mark up. The price Paul offered was more than other far better known luxury watch websites.

It is always down to the seller if he wants to sell at the price offered of not, so IMOH I see no reason why anyone should have an issue.

Just my tuppence worth...
    I completely agree with this. I have also recently sold to Paul. A quick and easy transaction with a fair price paid and he is a top bloke to boot. He came to me to view the watch, paid there and then and spent about an hour chatting about watches!
    No warning necessary here. As long as you get what you want for the watch when you sell it shouldn't matter after that!

Yep, I had a similar experience with Paul, I was aware he'd had problems of his own making on other forums some years ago so went into the transaction with eyes open - it was an effortless sale on my part, deal was done for the asking price, no quibbles. While I place a high value on very recent testimonials on sales from other forum members I prefer to judge people on personal experience rather than mistakes made a couple of years ago - again, maybe "heads up" is more appropriate than "warning" in this case - we've all learnt lessons the hard way and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Paul as a buyer these days.
    Johnny.

Me too. Just sold a strap and buckle to Paul.

Very pleasant transaction. Cheers, Paul

Jeremy, I think you should alter the thread title in order present a fair and unbiased view.
    Last edited by MFB Scotland; 09-07-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Thread title modified. Thanks, gents.