Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Nick English responds to criticism following BCW/01 "In-House" Claims

^ and if you were hyper-cynical, you could argue that it's deliberately ambiguous and human nature will assume that no confirmation either way, indicates some form of deception.
    Finally joined the Bremont family with a Terra Nova!
    Rolex 16613, 116713 & 114060

I have been away for a few days and have sat and watched the feedback from everyone following the launch of the Wright Flyer, which has been interesting and thought-provoking to say the least!
    Firstly I would like to add my plaudits to both Scott & Jeremy for their balanced opinions on this unfortunate issue, together with everyone else who has contributed to this entire debate. Each to their own.
    As a Bremont retailer and huge fan of the watches I have been disappointed to see the furore that has been caused by the misleading and confused PR put out by Bremont surrounding the launch of the Wright Flyer. In all the years that we have been selling Bremont, and with a very happy relationship with the brand and personally with Nick & Giles, this is the first time that I can recall where they have made a serious PR error.
    At best it was naive, and at worst it was stupid, but nobody can turn the clock back.
    What is of consolation is that no mistake like this will be made again.
    I don't doubt that globally there will be 450 people who will buy the watch. What I HOPE is that they are truly buying what they want and that the history of the watch is unimpeachable.
    What I really want to see is for Bremont to use their already stretched resources to consolidate the core range of watches that they are producing - including the new Terra Nova and Boeings - and to ensure that these watches all work perfectly, so that here, on this Forum at least, we don't have to keep reading about this or that that has gone wrong with someones watch, and how good their Customer Relations team are! (I know they are good, in fact better than good, but it would be far better to hear less about the lovely Emma and her team!! )
    Bremont is still my favourite brand - they are still the best watches I have personally owned - and I wish them all future success. They've just got to make a success of their future.

Final thought...
    Am I the only one here who think that the whistleblower actually did a favor to Bremont? He warned everyone 24h before the show, of the sh!tstorm that was coming IF they insisted on the in-house movement.

I believe that instead of prosecuting the guy, Bremont should have listened. If anything, that guy helped the brand. Imagine the huge blowback if, 6 months from now, actual owner would learn that their in-house isn't. I can't imagine how much worst it would have been.

I am also very surprised that no one internally raised their concerns about promoting the LJP as in house. Lots of unanswered and troubling questions remain imho.

Well that's it, leaving now. I just needed to express my final thoughts.
    No longer a fan boy...

As a 29 year employee of Southwest Airlines, I have had the pleasure of personally working with some of the giants in the airline industry! Going from 3 cities in Texas to the largest domestic carrier in the US has been a heck of a ride! Has it been free of mistakes or free of bad judgement, no! Since I discovered Bremont over 3 years ago courtesy of Martin Baker, I have had the pleasure to either meet or correspond with most of the players at Bremont, Nick, Mike, Serena, Sarah, Carly, Sophia, Piers, Nemo, Alice, and looking forward to meeting Giles someday! What I see in all these individuals is a passion for their company and watches! This is the same passion I witnessed during the growing pains of SWA ! When you are the new kid on the block everyone wants to be your friend until you start getting popular, then you have to fight stay that way! It is impossible to grow a company without making mistakes, but it is how you address those mistakes that create success stories! I have no doubt that after the initial shock of their mistakes, Bremont will be up to the task of doing what they do better than every watch brand I know of, and that is making a quality watch with innovative design for a reasonable price! And then backing up their product with the best customer service on the planet! When you bring passion to your business you leave yourself open to envy and criticism! How you handle these problems and remain focused on your goals and core values is how success is achieved! I have no doubt that the Bremont team is up to the challenge of moving forward and building a company to be envied, and watches that excite the enthusiast! So let's all move forward and learn from our and others mistakes and share the passion that we have enjoyed with our favorite watches and celebrate the fact that we are Bremont Fans! Cheers Jim.
    Last edited by CaptLeslie; 08-01-2014 at 05:46 PM.
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

"Darth Vader murdered your father"

If you have never seen the movie Return of the Jedi you will struggle with this post. I still remember how I felt when Luke Skywalker confronted Ben Kenobi about the death of his father. At the the time I rememeber thinking initially "what bollocks!" (Jeremy do not ban me please) However I listened to Ben Kenobi's explanation of how "Anakin" died and while I did not exactly like it, it at least made sense to me. Key phrase there is "made sense to me"

Now this situation with the Bremont 2014 limited edition is completely different not including the fact that it is real life. My connection back to scene from Return of the Jedi is the use of the word "perspective" by Ben Kenobi in clarifying what he mean when he told Luke his father was murdered by Darth Vader.

My perspective is that they made a mistake. At the same time they went on record and apologized. Does this negate everything else they have done? Only history will eventually tell us.

Lastly I do not like attorneys because of how much they charge an hour not because they care about details like words and what they mean. However in a court of law its can be as much about packaging the facts as the facts themselves.

So whatever you think have some....perspective.

I personally just want my Terra Nova to ship

Quote Originally Posted by valdarrant View Post
    However in a court of law its can be as much about packaging the facts as the facts themselves.
    Fair enough. Some might say the same goes for product marketers.

No charge, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Igy22 View Post
    I personally just want my Terra Nova to ship
    I hear you. Waiting anxiously for my MBIII/BZ!

Quote Originally Posted by G-F View Post
    Final thought...
    Am I the only one here who think that the whistleblower actually did a favor to Bremont? He warned everyone 24h before the show, of the sh!tstorm that was coming IF they insisted on the in-house movement.

I believe that instead of prosecuting the guy, Bremont should have listened. If anything, that guy helped the brand. Imagine the huge blowback if, 6 months from now, actual owner would learn that their in-house isn't. I can't imagine how much worst it would have been.

I am also very surprised that no one internally raised their concerns about promoting the LJP as in house. Lots of unanswered and troubling questions remain imho.

Well that's it, leaving now. I just needed to express my final thoughts.
    Ahh that is a shame mate, I often sit back and work through the forum posts and I do sit up when I get to one of your posts. I think your frustration is understandable, it is disappointing, would just be a shame for you not to be so active.

Anyways, that said, time is a great salve!

I've been a huge fan of the brand for the last several years and have owned 4 Bremonts during that time. I have nothing but positive things to say about the brand and the people I have interacted with from Bremont. IMO - I think they are getting in over their heads a little bit and need to slow down. All the LE's (to me are gimmicky) that are way over priced are affected their core lineup and taking the spot light off of those excellent watches. Then adding to that this 'in-house' mvmt issue. I don't know, to me they just need to slow down and let their core lineup, new 2014 additions and excellent customer service do the talking.