Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wright Flyer - Bremont 2014 LE Watch

Quote Originally Posted by turbohobbit View Post
    I'm excited by the in-house movement - something that the company and future models will only benefit from - but the actual watch leaves me a bit cold. For me this has more than a hint of the Oris Big Crown about it. And to be honest, the cynical bit of me in no small part wonders if this is actually a marketing gambit aimed at sales across the Pond rather than flying the flag of an apparently proudly British company.
    I think you're being a bit harsh there chap. Did you think or say the same about the U2, or the C17?! Bremont has a huge aviation focus at its core and this is about Aircraft #1. I think that's pretty impressive, regardless of the nationality of the manufacturer. I also think it's something of a coup for GB Inc that a British company was selected to do this as opposed to a US brand....more credit to them for that.

Ok, a few new bits of information for you guys.

Official Pricing (GBP/USD):
    Stainless Steel Black - 17,995/25,950
    Rose Gold White - 27,995/39,995
    White Gold White - 29,995/44,995

The first batches will be shipping at years end.

The center barrel is a new design made from copper, and has no particular historical significance to the Wright Flyer.

Finally, here are a few exclusive shots on the wrist!

Fantastic looking watch!

Where can they go from here? Pieces from the very first airplane? That's crazy cool. I tip my hat to Bremont for pulling something like that. Amazing!

But those prices!!! Who the hell is Bremont targeting? You can't put a price on history, but this is bonkers on a whole other level. 450 fools and their money are soon gonna part.

Hopefully, something great is gonna come out from all the profit made on these watches. For now, all I can think is, who's gonna spend Patek/ALS/AP money on a Bremont??
    No longer a fan boy...

I am certainly biased as I live across the pond and I am a American (who loves the Bremont brand).... I love the idea of this watch, the design is fantastic but the price is just way too high for me. Would love to own one but don't think that is realistic for me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Wildrover
    I love the watch, but unsure whether 17,000 worth of love. The rear design is fantastic, the front doesn't do the rear justice.

I do like the Wright Bros association. However, as a British watch company I would prefer more British association.

I was looking at buying the SS version, but I'm thinking whether I can justify that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by G-F View Post
    Fantastic looking watch!

Where can they go from here? Pieces from the very first airplane? That's crazy cool. I tip my hat to Bremont for pulling something like that. Amazing!

But those prices!!! Who the hell is Bremont targeting? You can't put a price on history, but this is bonkers on a whole other level. 450 fools and their money are soon gonna part.

Hopefully, something great is gonna come out from all the profit made on these watches. For now, all I can think is, who's gonna spend Patek/ALS/AP money on a Bremont??
    It's amusing how many grumpy old farts you get harping on on this forum about the price of Bremont LEs! Have a think for a moment - how much money do you think they had to pay for that piece of (priceless - officially rated as such by three auction houses) material from the Wright family? Do you think it was cheap? How much money do you think Bremont are spending to create their manufacturing facility down in Henley? What sort of other costs do you think an SME endures in modern day UK?! Do you think that opening a watch boutique in NY shortly is a cheap experience?! People view the prices primarily through their own tinted goggles of "can I afford it" and yes these are expensive - but I get why that is when you consider the specifics of the watch allied to the wider plan the company is pursuing. Every time there's an LE there is noise re the price - but you know what? Every single EP120, P-51, and Victory has been sold to said "fools" and all command significant increases now on the second hand market. I'm sure the Codebreaker will go that way soon. And whilst these new watches do make your eyes tingle a bit when it comes to price I am certain the brothers English have thought long and hard about the price point and they reckon they can achieve what they need......if I were a betting man I'd be willing to take a small punt that these will all sell out and in due time they will gain in value....now where is the telephone number of that man who can remove kidneys for a good fee?!

Crazy prices IMO. Taking the proverbial... But, I guess they will sell.

Richard

Some more watch shots for y'all.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140723_205154.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	2601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140723_205207_HDR.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	2602   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140723_205221_HDR.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	2603   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140723_210001_HDR.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	2604  

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I agree Urufu. There is no evidence that these annual LE's have sold for a profit or will do so in the future (Wildrover's recent travails a case in point). Whilst I concede that the cost of getting the WB material for this latest watch would have been considerable and this is reflected in the price of these watches, rightly or wrongly, Bremont's overheads regarding site development are of no concern to the punter. They should be paying for the watch, not for the English brothers' real estate costs.

I also stand by the fact that, compared to Rolex, IWC, Panerai, and Patek Philippe, Bremont is a massively young company with no track record. If I had a spare 20k (or 35k) kicking about, would I take a chance on a Bremont LE or buy a tried and tested Rolex or PP which I KNOW is going to retain - and probably increase in - value? Sorry, but it'd be the latter. I have no doubt that Bremont will find buyers for these pieces, but I don't think this LE tilt is viable as a long term strategy unless they also reinforce the marketing of their standard range.

Finally, was I a bit harsh in my comments last night? Maybe. But reviewing in the cold light of day and with a top-up of painkillers, I still believe in what I said. New movement aside, this still feels like an unremarkable-looking watch spun for the overseas market. I bought my U2 because I liked it and it was at a price point that I could afford. It also looked suitably different yet elegant. The fact that it was the civilian version of a US military SE made no difference to me... And let's not forget THAT SE was born of the MB, an SE made for a British company.
    Bremont U2 SS
    Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Oris TT1 Divers - white dial / blue bezel
    Suunto Traverse

Here's the steel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140723_215608.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	2605   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140723_215621.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	2606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140723_215647_HDR.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	2607