Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wright Flyer - Bremont 2014 LE Watch

Very interesting! Will be interesting to see price?
    Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got in from helping son move into his new home. Wonderful looking watches and great to see Bremont add white gold to their history. The number of Bremont-manufactured components is the next step on the road to a full in-house movement - maybe by the end of the decade.
    The watch looks good - Big Crown?? Close, but of course it was a common style on pocket watches of the time.
    I'm sure the watch will sell through well in the U.S. but less sure about the home market here - would like to know what others think. It is, of course, an amazing piece of history yet again.
    As I said before "Time will tell"
    Great preview BTW Jeremy

Check out the full Press Release here.

There is also a nice little newspaper called the "West Side News" that I will post up as soon as possible. It's similar to "The Bremont Times" given out as Basel this year.

Also, the WSJ has a great article with some extra exclusive tid-bits that I haven't seen anywhere else. Some prices are listed there for anyone who is interested!

"Stainless steel versions will cost about 19,000, while gold versions will go for about 30,000."
    Last edited by jwalker9; 07-23-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Wildrover
    30,000 - serious?

SS it has to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    30,000 - serious?

SS it has to be!
    I guess my plan to snag one of each won't work out!

I'm excited by the in-house movement - something that the company and future models will only benefit from - but the actual watch leaves me a bit cold. For me this has more than a hint of the Oris Big Crown about it. And to be honest, the cynical bit of me in no small part wonders if this is actually a marketing gambit aimed at sales across the Pond rather than flying the flag of an apparently proudly British company.
    Bremont U2 SS
    Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Oris TT1 Divers - white dial / blue bezel
    Suunto Traverse

Below are some shots of the side profile of the WF, taken by Noodlefish (thanks!)

As you can see, this is a new design for the center piece of the Trip-Tick case.

Last edited by jwalker9; 07-23-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Also, the WSJ has a great article with some extra exclusive tid-bits that I haven't seen anywhere else. Some prices are listed there for anyone who is interested!

"Stainless steel versions will cost about 19,000, while gold versions will go for about 30,000."
    I think it's 17k for SS, 29k RG and 39k WG. Great event btw - Orlando Bloom, Ben Saunders, Stuart Garner (CEO and Owner Norton), all on parade plus lots of the Bremont family. Good to meet Mike Pearson too. I'm not quite sure where you can go with aviation themed watches after your latest LE has bits of aircraft #1 in it!!

Thanks for stopping by for the report Urufu! Glad you had a great time.

For me, the link between the Wright brothers and the English brothers is just a perfect match to the "Bremont Story". It is a fantastic partnership and project!