Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Wright Flyer - Bremont 2014 LE Watch

I was fortunate to be introduced to Noodlefish on the night and was shown his ATG LE BC-S2. The blog reads well.

Jeremy, Andy, Geezer

Thanks for your kind words.
    web: the #watchnerd (www.thewatchnerd.co.uk)
    Twitter / IG: @thewatchnerd.co.uk

OK, my thoughts, for what it's worth. Am I the only one who thinks that the price of the piece is directly disproportionate to how attractive it is? I think these are ugly, sorry if that offends anyone but I wouldn't buy one even if a 0 was taken off. I own the cheapest and, in my opinion, the best looking Bremont, i.e. Solo White. I like the MB range and the U2 Blue is next on my list. Subjective, I know, and each to their own. Ho Hum! It's what makes the world go round.

lloyd, totally fine that you don't like it man. Everyones entitled to their own opinion.

A comment on the Muslin fabric contained in the Wright Flyer:

Some of you guys have pointed out that while all the of the press material portrays the muslin in the Wright Flyer as the actual fabric from the "first flight" in 1903 at Kitty Hawk, the promotional video with Nick and Giles seems to send a mixed message about the origins of the material. I can confirm after speaking to multiple sources at Bremont that the muslin is the ORIGINAL fabric lined on the Wright Flyer that was first to sustain flight in 1903. It was collected DURING renovations to the aircraft before it went on display in 1925, when the ORIGINAL material was removed and stored, and the aircraft was re-covered in new muslin.

I hope that clears up any confusion on the matter.

I also found this article about the muslin in the Wall Street Journal, which conveys a similar message and goes into a bit more detail about the fabric.

Thanks Jeremy.

I might also add that I found this link useful: http://airandspace.si.edu/collection...m_A19610048000

In the long description it makes clear that the original material is not on display, and that the 1903 fabric was boxed up as part of the building of the Science Museum "replica" which was then donated to the Smithsonian.
    web: the #watchnerd (www.thewatchnerd.co.uk)
    Twitter / IG: @thewatchnerd.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post

Some of you guys have pointed out that while all the of the press material portrays the muslin in the Wright Flyer as the actual fabric from the "first flight" in 1903 at Kitty Hawk, the promotional video with Nick and Giles seems to send a mixed message about the origins of the material. I can confirm after speaking to multiple sources at Bremont that the muslin is the ORIGINAL fabric lined on the Wright Flyer that was first to sustain flight in 1903. It was collected DURING renovations to the aircraft before it went on display in 1925, when the ORIGINAL material was removed and stored, and the aircraft was re-covered in new muslin.

I also found this article about the muslin in the Wall Street Journal, which conveys a similar message and goes into a bit more detail about the fabric.
    That's great news Jeremy, thanks for confirming this!

Thanks very much for that clarification Jeremy!
    Jack Ryan Fine Jewelry + Timepieces
    Authorized Bremont Dealer
    Austin, TX USA

Great to hear Jeremy! Thanks for following up and for letting us know the results of your inquiries.