Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4th of July Competition

Helped my community with traffic control last nite for our fireworks display! It was a great evening! Cheers Jim. .
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Those are awesome, Jim! I can't believe you got such a good shot of the lume along with the fireworks! And the red white and blue strap to boot! Very well done.

Agreed. Your shot was MUCH better than mine. Nicely done.

...and Johnny, as a fitness nut and an American, I agree most of us could shed a few, but no need to bring it up on a public forum! :-)
    Here's my proof: www.facebook.com/BryanGuidryFitness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - TexZan -

Quote Originally Posted by TexZan View Post
    ...and Johnny, as a fitness nut and an American, I agree most of us could shed a few, but no need to bring it up on a public forum! :-)
    I'm a sports nut usually (distinct from a fitness nut) but I'm injured just now, so I'm lapsing badly - I love a donut and a coffee!

My post-op rehab will be some challenge ;-)

Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by jchlu View Post
    A day late in the UK and the best I could do in downtown Bristol!
    Happy 4th y'all :-)

Johnny.
    Mmmmmm, love me some "hot and ready" glazed doughnuts!

Here is my submission:

Unfortunately, I was working in the ICU at the hospital from 6am on july 4 til 11am on july 5, so I got to live vicariously through you all and the fun things you were doing to celebrate the 4th! Since I was on call, I literally only had about 30 seconds to slip outside and take this picture in front of the flag at work.

I do have a cool story to tell though. Unfortunately, last night was a bad one with lots of people having sudden cardiac arrests and not surviving...always hard to break that news to families...had to do it 5 different times last night alone. In the midst of it all though, a "code stat" was called at around 10:30pm last night to the front entrance of the hospital, and thats the bad news alert for "all hands on deck" to a specific place. Expecting to find someone dying, I was brilliantly surprised to find a young woman who was right outside of her car, with her husband, catching a brand new baby girl who had just been born in the parking lot while trying to make it to the hospital in time! Fireworks were literally going off overhead as she made her entrance into this world! Mom and baby were both healthy and I got the baby wrapped up and moved inside to get cleaned up. That was definitley a first for me, and on a hard day, was a little reminder of the circle of life we all go through.

Hope you all had an awesome 4th with the ones you love!

Jeremy

So we had some great entries into the 4th of July contest, and I appreciate everyone taking the time to send over their pictures. But there can only be one!!

And here is the competition winner!

It was submitted by Roman on Instagram, and shows his Codebreaker with a folded American flag which is displayed in his house. I've contacted Roman to ask him to come to the forum and share the story behind the flag, and why it is special to him, and he has agreed to do so. We will look forward to him sharing the story!

Thanks to all of you guys for participating!

J

Good morning everyone...Mike and Jeremy both contacted me last night saying that my photo had won the 4th contest, and they asked if I would share the story of the flag.

I have a good friend from a cigar forum who is in the US ARMY. He recently returned from his second deployment in Afghanistan, and that is when he brought me this flag. During his time over there, we were emailing back and forth, and he mentioned that one of his friends there was a blackhawk pilot and that he sent my flag to him to be flown in his blackhawk during a few of his missions. He then contacted me when he got the flag back, and told me he was taking it on a convey mission. During the convoy mission there was a trap set and the convey took AK-47 fire and also rocket fire. these are his words...

" I just got back from a week long mission.....the following s what happened.On these missions, I am in charge of a gun truck and crew on convoy security missions. We had stopped on the route so that the lead truck could check out a suspected IED. They found no explosives, and we had just started the convoy moving again. No sooner than my truck started moving, we saw a bright flash and a red streak. My truck was the 31st truck on this convoy, and there were 7 trucks behind me. Out of those 7 trucks only 2 more were gun trucks. My gunner, and the 2 gunners started firing at the bad guys and got everyone out of the "kill zone" the bad guys had set up. Nobody got hurt, which is fantastic. If we hadn't started moving when we did, that rocket that initiated the ambush would have hit the side of my truck. If it was an RPG, we would have been injured but ok for the most part. If it was an anti-tank round.....we would not have been so lucky."

He sent me an email after this with a picture of him, his driver and his gunner, who they are sure (but not confirmed) ended the threat.

This flag holds a place of honor in my house, not for what it has been through or seen, but because of the people over there, and how they continue to fight keep me safe and allow us to life free.

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Great to have you here, Trident! Thanks so much for sharing about your flag and the sacrifices it signifies!

Please come back and post often!

Jeremy

Inspirational story Trident, great photo, and awesome watch! Enjoy those cuff links , they will look great with your Codebreaker! Cheers Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander