Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hambleden Vintage Strap (aka Crazy Horse/Codebreaker NATO)

I am still checking the mail everyday! I love that strap on your P-51! Cheers Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

New Hambleden Vintage Strap (aka Crazy Horse/Codebreaker NATO)

Thanks Jeremy and CaptLeslie! I am a big fan of the combo... It's growing on me quickly. Capt - you should have yours tomorrow. I ordered mine on the 2nd and got it today on the 8th and I live on the East Coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

That looks fantastic! Heres a question for you, do you think that strap would suit an orange MBII?

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    That looks fantastic! Heres a question for you, do you think that strap would suit an orange MBII?
    I use NATO straps quite a bit on my MBII and I doubt very much you'd fit the leather one between the springbar and barrel. It's a job to get a thick nylon one through TBH.
    Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by jchlu View Post
    I use NATO straps quite a bit on my MBII and I doubt very much you'd fit the leather one between the springbar and barrel. It's a job to get a thick nylon one through TBH.
    Johnny.
    Use curved spring bars and all will be ok. I use this strap on my U2 IAFDT just fine like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    Use curved spring bars and all will be ok. I use this strap on my U2 IAFDT just fine like that...
    Good to know, might try that, thought curved bars on a NATO wouldn't work as I assumed they'd rotate.

Not had one eject yet so yes - give it a go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had issues fitting the strap between the spring bars and barrel on the P51. I ended up taking the bar out, looping the leather through to the barrel and then putting the spring bar back on. That seemed to work fine but I may try the curved bar instead!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Quote Originally Posted by Bc321 View Post
    I had issues fitting the strap between the spring bars and barrel on the P51. I ended up taking the bar out, looping the leather through to the barrel and then putting the spring bar back on. That seemed to work fine but I may try the curved bar instead!
    Good tip! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bc321 View Post
    I used the curved bars on my mbii with a leather NATO. There was no chance of the straight bars giving enough room to get the strap under, but the curved worked beautifully. They only "rotate" into the perfect position for the strap on the watch.

Last edited by Smegwina; 07-09-2014 at 03:33 PM.