Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Victory

Hi ,

I have a victory for sale if your keen!

M

HI Alex

I dont know if you are still in the market for a Victory, we have a Rose Gold no 5 Victory available

See more details here: http://www.bankslyon.co.uk/limited-e...ose-gold-watch

Banks Lyon Team
    t:01524 384858
    e: personalshopper@bankslyon.co.uk

Just called Banks Lyon, they have a second hand one, was initially excited as just sold my SS Victory, but thought would go out on a limb for a rose gold one, that was until they told me the price - 35,000

That price, initially, doesn't seem too bad (maybe a little on the dear side). If you look at the P-51, 251 were made with an original retail of 7450. You can now find them for 15k, that's just over double the RRP.

The RG Victory - only 40 made, with an RRP of 19950. If BL want 35k, that's not quite double, but it seems not out the question given the calibre of the watch.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 04-28-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    That price, initially, doesn't seem too bad (maybe a little on the dear side). If you look at the P-51, 251 were made with an original retail of 7450. You can now find them for 15k, that's just over double the RRP.

The RG Victory - only 400 made, with an RRP of 19950. If BL want 35k, that's not quite double, but it seems not out the question given the calibre of the watch.

J.
    Was it not just 40

Quote Originally Posted by S2000 View Post
    Was it not just 40
    Correct, it was a typo. Thanks for spotting.

J.

That sounds a lot to me IMHO. I don't know of a precedent at that price but maybe somebody knows otherwise.

It is a beautiful watch without doubt though.

It is stunning.

I sort of get the 8k RRP premium on the SS version to get rose gold and the much shorter production run. If I had my time again, I would have taken out a loan and bought a rose gold and foregone other watch purchases and the next car change, not for the potential value appreciation but because it is so gorgeous. Hindsight is a wonderful thing !

But 35k is in the land of tourbillons etc

A large Airbase, Somewhere near Oxford.....
    I'm not yet sure where Bremont are, in relation to financial appreciation, for the limited edition models. The victory, especially in Rose Gold, I can understand becoming sought after, but others, such as the P51 (251 production), which I viewed at the same dealer from whom I bought my U2 LE (150 production) seem not to be re-sold all that often.

I am not minded to consider selling my U2 LE (or the SS U2 which was my first Bremont), but obviously, I would be curious as to whether it is an 'investment', should the need ever arise...

Quote Originally Posted by RAF_Groundcrew View Post

I am not minded to consider selling my U2 LE (or the SS U2 which was my first Bremont), but obviously, I would be curious as to whether it is an 'investment', should the need ever arise...
    I ask myself this occasionally about my MB/TWG (only 30 made, so save a few, nearly as rare as they get..). Has it really been an investment? To be honest, probably not. Saying that however, I've only seen one sold (that I can recall) since I bought it - and that was here, on the forum. Without some being sold, it really is hard to tell.

J.