Thread: Where is the best place that you have been on holiday to?

Where is the best place that you have been on holiday to?

For me it is Mauritius. What about you?

I honeymooned in the hills above Bodrum in Turkey, that was great.
    For diving, Eilat in Israel.
    For City life, year-round hilarity and sports whatever the season my all-time favourite is Calgary, AB, Canada.

Mrs StackH and I prefer cities over beach holidays - I would be hard pushed to choose between New York and Singapore. I was at the latter for the F1 race, which made it very memorable, and there were so many watch shops I nearly exploded with excitement. And I got very drunk in Raffles Bar. So probably Singapore by a nose.

Lake Powell for me and my wife! Spent one week on 80 foot 3 story house boat with 4 other couples! All the comfort of home while living on the Colorado river! Imagine being on a crystal clear lake down inside the Grand Canyon with not another boat or person insight but your friends! The nights are so clear with no other light but the stars and moon! You can actually see satellites circling the earth and the Space Station with the naked eye! During the day we ventured out to explore in our power boats and jet ski. The views are awe inspiring! To do this vacation again is on my bucket list! If you ever get the chance for a Lake Powell houseboat vacation do not pass it up! This is the view from above! Cheers Jim.
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Maldives is paradise. Nothing to do and all day to do it!
    Finally joined the Bremont family with a Terra Nova!
    Rolex 16613, 116713 & 114060

If it's a city holiday then I love Vancouver, it has it all. Beach holiday? Orhaniye in Turkey is brilliant. It is the most chilled out place I know in Europe or the Near East. The Dogan hotel is second to none.
    Bremont U2 SS
    Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Oris TT1 Divers - white dial / blue bezel
    Suunto Traverse

Ascension Island. fairly difficult to get to though. Helps if your employer likes employees doing sport and pays for them to get there (RAF) :-) 2 weeks of warm crystal clear water and great Marine life, including Manta rays. Also the cemetery at Comfortless Cove

Wildrover
    Quote Originally Posted by KildareMan View Post
    Ascension Island. fairly difficult to get to though. Helps if your employer likes employees doing sport and pays for them to get there (RAF) :-) 2 weeks of warm crystal clear water and great Marine life, including Manta rays. Also the cemetery at Comfortless Cove
    Yep, fantastic swimming in beautiful clear water, until a mate throws something in the water next to you and the water "boils" with trigger fish. Fantastic game fishing, landed a couple of Tuna in the long distant past. Green mountain for a change of scenery. And golf in an ash pit. Ascension DOES have it all.

Not been for a long time - good to know its still unspoilt.

Karpathos Greece in September when it's quiet. Small place, perfect for relaxing and spending some time with the fantastic local people.