Thread: Darakjian Jewelers - Birmingham, Michigan

Darakjian Jewelers - Birmingham, Michigan

Next up in our Bremont Retailer Q & A's is from Armen Darakjian of Darakjian Jewelers in Birmingham Michigan! Thanks for your time, Armen!

1 – Tell the Alt1tude forum a little about your store- (where it is located, your history, the brands you carry etc…)
    Darakjian Jewelers started in 1964 by my father, John Darakjian. Armenian decent & born in Syria he came to America in 1960 and after working for someone had the America dream come to fruition. He opened his own retail jewelery store. After these 50 years we’ve landed in Birmingham Michigan as one of the countries premier watch retailers. The enthusiasts are our niche. We are proud ambassadors of Bremont, Audemars Piguet, Vacheron Constantin, Ulysse Nardin, Carl F Bucherer, Maurice Lacroix, Devon, Graham, Montblanc, SevenFriday, Michele, Brera, Glycine, U-Boat, G-Shock, and a few others on the way. Coming into Darakjian Jewelers is something very different than all other stores. This State of the art showroom concentrating on the guest experience will give you an immediate ease and relaxed feel while intriguing your senses with selection of timepieces and jewelry we offer.

Armen's Father!

2 – When and where did you first hear about Bremont and why did you decide to make Bremont a part of your store's collection?
    I heard of Bremont 3 years ago by the country manager/sales Director Mike Pearson, who at the time lived in Michigan, but has since left us and moved to the hustling and bustling city of New York. Wishing him all the best, he was an important part of understanding and appreciating the story and the passion behind Bremont. Bremont’s story and their quiet yet powerful presence in the market of watches is a perfect match for Darakjian Jewelers.

3 – Is there a Bremont model that your customers consistently gravitate towards?
    Alt1-C for sure is the magnetic piece. Whether its because the beginnings of advertising or simply the style, the Alt1-C definitely gets the most action.

4 – What is YOUR favorite Bremont watch and why? Which strap would you pair it with?
    That being said my favorite is the Alt1-C also. Im a chonrograph man by heart and it always gets me. Do i know what exact combination…not a chance! Thats one of the hardest things with the Bremont watch designs. They each have a little tweak, or twist but all of them are based on the same principals of design characteristics which makes choosing one more difficult. So we usually opt for two!

5 – Bremont have created a number of limited edition watches from various historically significant items. If you could choose a piece of history to be a part of a limited edition in the future, what would it be?
    Not being a history buff, first blush while reading this question comes the Bi-plane. I don’t know the historical significance but i just feel the Bremont designers would come up with something incredible.
    Last edited by jwalker9; 06-24-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Good job, what an inspiring story.