Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Woes

World Cup Woes

It is an honour to be the first "Thread-Raiser" on Off-Topic
    However, having little wit and imagination, I will take the bait that Jeremy threw on the pool of debate and ask what anyone (who is in the least bit interested) thinks of the World Cup so far?
    As an Englishman (ducks at this point!) I can safely say that we are poor at best this tournament, and that any slight anticipation that our young squad might cause a few surprises has actually caused no surprise at all!
    With any luck we will be knocked out by next tuesday and so our lads can take a luxury holiday somewhere exotic to lick their wounds and rest and recouperate.
    The only compensation is that there are some cracking-looking Brazilian girls in the crowd..

Thought I would cheer you up with my friend Pete's latest world cup joke!

Just found out England's formation for next week:
    / /
    / /
    3-3-3-3-3-3-3-Emergency Exit-3-3-3-3-3-Stewardess-Toilets.3-3-3-3
    \ \
    \ \

Gavin

We are not hard core football fans, but have been very into the matches so far. In fact, we get home in time for the 6 (EST) matches and always will watch the replays of the earlier ones.....on the Spanish network. We don't understand much but still are into the matches. crazy, but fun!

Here is my youngest being Neymar, or Zlatan, Surez, or Messi, etc...

Despite being of English persuasion and the obvious disappointments, I think this has been a fantastic World Cup up to now. It's been full of the most open, attacking group stages with many more goals scored to this point than is normal. It's also great to see the so called "underdogs" rising to the occasion and put in some exceptional performances - all in all, great TV, loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    Despite being of English persuasion and the obvious disappointments, I think this has been a fantastic World Cup up to now. It's been full of the most open, attacking group stages with many more goals scored to this point than is normal. It's also great to see the so called "underdogs" rising to the occasion and put in some exceptional performances - all in all, great TV, loving it!
    Sadly weren't we regarded as one of the underdogs before the start of the tournament? I have managed to miss the best matches by and large - Holland v Spain and Germany v Portugal for instance. But at least the stressful period is over good and early!

Y'know, I enjoy football almost as much as I enjoy rugby, but I can't help but feel some relief now that England are out. Now maybe all the media hooplah will subside a bit and we can get on with enjoying some decent games in the knockout stages!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2 SS
    Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Oris TT1 Divers - white dial / blue bezel
    Suunto Traverse

Well boys how about you cheer on your good friends across the pond!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Any of you guys know what a sucker punch to the gut from Christiano Ronaldo feels like? Yeah, the USMNT does now.....ugghhh!

Still in great position to advance though! I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Any of you guys know what a sucker punch to the gut from Christiano Ronaldo feels like? Yeah, the USMNT does now.....ugghhh!

Still in great position to advance though! I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!
    Yes. It was tough for you that late goal, although I was tucked up in bed long before that match - it kicked off at 11pm our time.
    At least USA are still in with a chance of qualifying….

It's all about the tennis now and that Great British player Andy Murray, unless he gets beat and he is back to being Scottish!
    !
    P51 #212 MB11
    Victory #212 Norton #43
    Descent #21 Codebreaker #212
    RM350 #212 Terra Nova #212