Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MBII Barrel Coloration Robustness

MBII Barrel Coloration Robustness

Ive been toying with picking up a MB2 for some time, but i must say that near every one i see come up for sale shows signs of the color flaking off/coming off from the knurled barrel...This causes me to pull back and reexamine whether i want to buy each time...

Is there an issue with keeping color adhered to that type of surface or are that many owners really somehow hitting the barrels on something to cause this (Highly unlikely)??

It remains a deal breaker for me for now.
    Bremont
    Omega
    Rolex
    Tudor
    Anonimo
    Dino Zei
    Breitling
    And other various things....

I have not experienced that. I just traded an MBII and the barrel was perfect.

Can you post some pics as examples ?

I sold mine fairly recently and after a year of owning it the barrel was perfect, although I didn't really wear it.
    Iwc Big Pilot
    Bremont Boeing Model 1 White
    Panerai Pam 305
    Panerai Pam 422
    Ball Diver Chronometer
    Ball Fireman II
    Lum-Tec M54 Bronze 24/200

Worn in that order

from some recent sale listings, i've seen it quite a bit but searched these few quickly. I don't think its lighting causing this as it seems like actual wear marks etc. hope none of these are folks here as i don't want to upset anyone:

This one may just be the lighting:

This one look closely at the middle of barrel:

Bremont
    Omega
    Rolex
    Tudor
    Anonimo
    Dino Zei
    Breitling

seems like i recall seeing it more on the orange ones where you will notice white areas where it look alike the orange has worn off....I really want a MB2 or 3, so hoping this is just weird lighting etc making it seem that way.
    Bremont
    Omega
    Rolex
    Tudor
    Anonimo
    Dino Zei
    Breitling

I suppose it is only a coating at the end of the day, but that looks like someone has rested it it it's side on a rough surface. Mine was never anything other than perfect, I don't baby my watches but nor do I leave them anywhere that could obviously cause damage.
    I really wouldn't worry about it, just enjoy it!
    Bremont supermarine descent #30
    Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m

I've owned mine (green) for two years, and whilst I have not dragged it around in the gravel, I have worn it without worrying about it. Happy to say the barrel is unmarked.

Richard

thats great to hear as I'm careful with my watches but since I've seen like 5-10 with that issue,, i started thinking maybe there was a reason....Good to know guys, thx.
    Bremont
    Omega
    Rolex
    Tudor
    Anonimo
    Dino Zei
    Breitling

You scratch it, the color will wear off.

Aluminium is soft.
    No longer a fan boy...

My MBII/GN has had plenty of wrist time over the last two years and no issues like this. Have to say the first Orange one you posted looks like it's been bashed around a bit.