Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alt1-Z Replica

Alt1-Z Replica

Just a heads up. First knockoff I've seen come of the Alt1-Z. I guess they say "imitation is the best form of compliment" but just thought I'd throw this on everyone's radar.

http://www.lightinwatch.com/bremont-...1z-p-4232.html

Shop carefully.
    Bremont 30-RS

Wow thanks for posting this. The only time I have ever seen a 'replica' was of a VERY poor Supermarine. Thanks for letting us know!

Thanks for the heads up (unfortunately)

The good news is, Bremont is now popular enough to have knock offs. It may sound weird, but if you actually wait and think, that is pretty good news. Rolex is not the most copied watch brand without reason.

Other good news, that fake looks like sh!t! So that means you can't buy one without knowing you got a fake. I've seen fake Panerai that looked so good it was impossible to say if it was real or not, this was quite troubling.

Bad news, Bremont will lose some sales. But I believe, contrary to most in the industry, that very few actual, real potential buyers are actually gonna say, oh cool, I'd rather have a replica.
    No longer a fan boy...

Couldn't agree more, G-F. I doubt any folks who are actually in the market for an Alt1 would be happy to purchase a $300 rep. That said, I'm sure it'll help for additional brand visibility - which is good for everyone who's made the honest investment.

Maybe this should get passed to Nick and Giles so they can send out their hit squad and bust this counterfeit shop up!
    Bremont 30-RS

I spoke to the team about this and they tried to purchase the watch to see the standard. The payment process didn't work then there was a dodgy email asking for credit card details etc suggesting the whole enterprise is a bit dodgy. If we get hold of one I will let you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ALT1-S View Post
    I spoke to the team about this and they tried to purchase the watch to see the standard. The payment process didn't work then there was a dodgy email asking for credit card details etc suggesting the whole enterprise is a bit dodgy. If we get hold of one I will let you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Z has been available for a few years as a replica. I've seen it on a few websites - if you want me to order one, I will send it to you.

My friend ordered a Tag from one of these sites before. It looked great, but the thing lost over an hour a day, then eventually it stopped working in about a month. It wasn't waterproof, it was mechanical, but only the main dial worked. The other 3.....they don't. They are just for show. You could move one of them by pressing the date button... weird. And the date was changed with the stop-watch function.
    On the back when we took it apart, the rotor had a thin foil sticker on it to make it look like it was milled.

Oh.....and the best part - the date was made up with 2 dials. Both went from 0-9, so if you didn't change the date manually at the end of the month, you could actually go up to the 99th day of the month. Brilliant.

I'm not so sure Bremont will actually lose any sales to be honest. Tags, for example, like Oris, are priced at that "cusp" where many folks could just about afford the real deal but may prefer to spend less on a replica (*cough*fake*cough*). However, as with Rolex, IWC, etc, Bremont is priced in a band sufficiently high that those in teh market for a Bremont would buy a Bremont. Those who buy Bremont fakes most likely don't have the cash for a proper Bremont in the first place.
    Bremont U2 SS
    Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Oris TT1 Divers - white dial / blue bezel
    Suunto Traverse