Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Basel teaser from Bremont!

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    The only think that perhaps goes against the Model 1 being the answer is that the supermarine descent is based on a seaplane. Would they base another watch on one?

Oracle, perhaps it will still be a perpetual calendar with just made with parts of a 247? I guess there's no reason it can't have double meaning!
    I guess the perpetual calendar would be a great way to launch an in-house movement.......
    I don't suppose it matters too much that Supermarine and Boeing 1 were both seaplanes - they were literally worlds apart in age, design and performance.
    Basel never fails to excite even though I've been going for over 25 years.

That it would be! Why go on for all this simple 3 hand stuff when you can just go straight to a perpetual calendar?!

That's a fair point and I'd tend to agree. I think the fact it's the first Boeing would clinch it. I've still not made it to Basel. Despite dropping regular hints I'm still waiting for my wife to buy me a trip there one birthday. Perhaps I should just pay for it myself!
    John

Bremont Victory
    Bremont P51
    Bremont ALT1-C
    Bremont Alt1tude SE DLC
    and just a few others...

Thinking about it more, I guess the irony in a Model 1 LE would be that the Boeing partnership is supposed to let Bremont use some of the cutting edge technologies for their watches only for them to use the oldest plane to base the watch on!
    John

Bremont Victory
    Bremont P51
    Bremont ALT1-C
    Bremont Alt1tude SE DLC
    and just a few others...

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Thinking about it more, I guess the irony in a Model 1 LE would be that the Boeing partnership is supposed to let Bremont use some of the cutting edge technologies for their watches only for them to use the oldest plane to base the watch on!
    Oddly, this sounds exactly like something Bremont would do!

Very true. Although I guess it could just as easily be Bremont using Boeing model numbers for any collaborations without the watch necessarily having any links to the associated aircraft. With only two apparent Boeing models being released it's a tad difficult to say!
    John

Bremont Victory
    Bremont P51
    Bremont ALT1-C
    Bremont Alt1tude SE DLC
    and just a few others...

Wildrover
    I think Woody is right - Boeing Model 1 seems appropriate.

My guesses in order:

Boeing machine 1
    Boeing machine with 24 hr GMT & day-date
    Supermarine titanium (rumoured to have been tested by Ben Saunders)
    MbIII - another GMT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are most of the Bremont watches that have been released at Basel over the past several years! Tomorrow we will see what Nick and Giles have planned for 2014! Come back at 10:00 am sharp for first glimpses!