Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Basel 2014 Q and A for Nick and Giles

Basel 2014 Q and A for Nick and Giles

Have any questions you'd like to ask Nick as Giles as we head into Basel week? Drop them here and we will make sure they get answered!

That's right Jeremy, we are having a Q and A session with Nick and Giles pre Basel, do feel free to ask away, and also if there is anyone else you would like to pose a question to - the watchmakers, marketing, design etc please feel free to ask away!

We look forward to hearing from you.

Considering Bremont's respectful/reverent use of tangible history such as Victory, EP 120, Codebreaker and P-51 and Bremont's work with elite technology partners like MB and Boeing being focused on the future of aviation......could a potential next step to be a partnership with the UK Space Agency, European Space Agency (ESA) or even NASA?

Sirs, would you please describe your creative design process? Is one of you the "creative agent" and the other "production manager?" Or do you perhaps collaborate on design and production decisions? Any general comments in this regard will be of great interest. Thank you.
    - Tony

https://luxurywatchsite.wordpress.com/

Please tell us that Bremont will remain a family business - are your kids eager to follow you into the company and what encouragement are you giving them to do so, other than the huge pride they must have in you?

I second Oracle's question.. I'm very interested (not worried) about their long term plans for longevity in the watch business- both historically and for economical reasons, what their long term plans are/consist of.

Guys, give this a read...it's an almost 3 year old Q and A to Giles from our forum members. Many of the things we are anticipating this year at Basel are specifically mentioned in these questions and answers! Pretty wild!

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Guys, give this a read...it's an almost 3 year old Q and A to Giles from our forum members. Many of the things we are anticipating this year at Basel are specifically mentioned in these questions and answers! Pretty wild!
    Well found Jeremy. Questions haven't moved on a great deal in some ways!!

-Will there ever be a point (or have you reached it already) where you'll think: yes that's it, that's where I wanted to take this company.

-Did you know that the MB2 would be the most popular Bremont model?

-Is there a design feature that you have acknowledged you'd never do? (like a skeleton or square dial)

-You used WW2 (planes and Bletchley Park) as inspiration for LE watches, any chance to see a WW1 themed watch? I'd like to see what you would come up with.

-Everyone loves the Tested beyond Endurance motto, let's say you had unlimited budget, what would be the ultimate Tested beyond endurance test you'd like to be associated with? (I personnally loved the Zenith association with Felix Baumgartner edge of space dive.)

-What's the best part of being co-owner of a famous watch company? What's the worst?

-What keeps you awake at night? (professionnally speaking of course)

-Ok now, I asked for a smaller sized/women Bremont, you did it. I asked for a gold Bremont (some people even laughed at me) you did it. I asked for a SE for Alt1tude forum members, you did it. I asked for a Bronze model, where is it?
    No longer a fan boy...

Nick and Giles, I love my new ALT1-P (my first Bremont) and commend the two of you what you've accomplished in a few short years. A couple of questions: With Britain's maritime heritage and the fact that you've already tested the waters with the Victory, the B-1 Marine Clock as well as involvement with the Classic Boat award, etc. can we expect to see more limited editions based on nautical themes?? Secondly, do you ever envision a time when you will offer bespoke watches where the consumer will be able to select one of your movements and combine it with case, dial, hand and strap colors? I realize a watch like this would be time consuming to build and expensive to buy but I'm sure there would be some willing to pay for the service.