Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Bremont 'HAMBLEDEN' Straps

Hi Eric

A couple of years or so ago I did a batch of straps in green stitch for Bremont. I incorrectly used the wrong colour green for the stitch ! I asked Bremont if I could sell these on (save wasting them ! ) if I removed the label to which they agreed. I think that on you pictured is one of those ! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ericf4 View Post
    Checked and mine has no tag nor liner....weird

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon

I wasn't directing this at anyone in particular, its all good
    I've had my say and hopefully made my point from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by nolanz14 View Post
    I'm not sure who Carl was directing his post to, but I in no way was taking a shot at him or his straps. I just said I wasn't a fan. Personal opinion, nothing more. I think a lot of people like his straps and I can't see how a thread like this hurts his sales and/or reputation.

Back on to the topic. Anyone who purchases a Bremont leather NATO please post pics and thoughts!

Guys, check out how awesome the Black/DLC Hambleden looks on Mike Pearson's ALT1-B! Drool!

That looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by nolanz14 View Post
    That looks amazing.
    No doubt, that watch was made to be paired with that strap!

Great combo.

I've not been sold on the strap so far as couldn't see where it fits for me - neither very dressy and a little thin for rugged...... and now I know

Quote Originally Posted by Gasgasbones View Post
    Hi Eric

A couple of years or so ago I did a batch of straps in green stitch for Bremont. I incorrectly used the wrong colour green for the stitch ! I asked Bremont if I could sell these on (save wasting them ! ) if I removed the label to which they agreed. I think that on you pictured is one of those ! :-)
    Aha mystery solved!!!!!!! I love the strap btw!!!!
    Bremont
    Omega
    Rolex
    Tudor
    Anonimo
    Dino Zei
    Breitling
    And other various things....

When it comes to canvas straps, I don't think you can beat the consistent quality that Carl (GGB) gives his straps! When you mass produce a product there are always things that slip buy that are not perfect! I am lucky in that almost all my canvas straps were GGB when he was there , but I have one post GGB that is definitely not as we'll made! I have had several custom leather straps made for my Bremonts but I always seem to gravitate back to their leather! They have done a great job of making leather straps that just finish the watch off perfectly! I don't mind paying more when I end up with a great combo! So with that said I am waiting for my brown hambledon to arrive in the mail! Pics will be posted shortly after she arrives! Cheers Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Just got my brown HAMBLEDEN strap! So I put her on my MB1 to give her a test drive! The strap is very supple and soft which just molds to your wrist. I have always liked brown straps with black faced watches! So here she is! Cheers Jim . .
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Thanks so much for the pics - the strap looks great. It sets the MB off beautifully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk