Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Bremont 'HAMBLEDEN' Straps

I have heard only good about ggb straps. I think I got one the other day but unsure as its not marked ggb or bremont but looks like one..got it from another wis.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon
    Bremont
    Omega
    Rolex
    Tudor
    Anonimo
    Dino Zei
    Breitling
    And other various things....

Bremont
    Omega
    Rolex
    Tudor
    Anonimo
    Dino Zei
    Breitling

Usually the GGB made ones have a Bremont tag sewn on the inside near the buckle, whereas the Bremont made ones have an interior lining.

Like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by richslaney View Post
    This made my laugh....
    That's what life's all about

I have a GGB Zero Zero and the quality/fit is first rate and it's always felt totally secure even when put through its paces in a variety of outdoor activities. I would highly recommend Carl's straps.

I have to agree that the Bremont price point is too high for their straps, especially for a simple NATO. Come on Bremont you can do better.

Checked and mine has no tag nor liner....weird

Bremont
    Omega
    Rolex
    Tudor
    Anonimo
    Dino Zei
    Breitling

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    I will be the opposing voice.

I dislike NATO straps, but if you are gonna have a NATO, at least have a NATO that can get wet, get washed and get worn again.

These straps are fashion victims in the making.
    You're not the only opposing voice Rich; I'm with you on this. I don't particularly like NATO straps either but as they go these do look better than the average. I'm not sure why anyone would want one of these as opposed to a quality traditional leather strap but, hey ho! It's what makes life interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_m View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone would want one of these as opposed to a quality traditional leather strap but, hey ho! It's what makes life interesting.
    Totally! I think a new strap provides a way to find new appreciation for an older watch. I personally love the military style of a NATO (be it nylon or leather), but appreciate that not everyone agrees. As long as you are happy with what's in your wrist, it's all good

As far as price points, I think the fact that Bremont are including the buckle on the strap hikes up the price to that of their other thicker leather straps. They certainly aren't cheap price wise, but they aren't cheap in QUALITY either, so we have to live with the established price point. As others have said, there are certainly other quality third party options to go with if you so choose, and it certainly won't hurt anyone's feelings on this forum

Hopefully someone can pick up one of these to review for the forum in the near future!

I'm not sure who Carl was directing his post to, but I in no way was taking a shot at him or his straps. I just said I wasn't a fan. Personal opinion, nothing more. I think a lot of people like his straps and I can't see how a thread like this hurts his sales and/or reputation.

Back on to the topic. Anyone who purchases a Bremont leather NATO please post pics and thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    As far as price points, I think the fact that Bremont are including the buckle on the strap hikes up the price to that of their other thicker leather straps. !
    Excellent point. As we all know Bremont buckles are not cheap and that fact should be considered when discussing cost.