Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Bremont 'HAMBLEDEN' Straps

Richard

You raise two issues, the question of whether one likes NATO straps, or not, must be one of personal choice. Of more significance is the durability of the straps, I would have thought the occasional immersion in water would not prove fatal.
    If I was deliberately going to get the strap wet or had any doubts about the matter I would change it for a rubber one or fire hose!

A valid point has been raised - others will doubtless have their say!!

Gavin

They are not traditional NATO no doubt as for water proof abilities etc I doubt, but they look great for the desk divers out there..price is a bit hard to understand considering custom hand made straps are less expensive, but I'm sure someone will buy these..
    Bremont
    Omega
    Rolex
    Tudor
    Anonimo
    Dino Zei
    Breitling
    And other various things....

Would really like to see more pics of these straps on various models.... Not sure how I feel about these yet....
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

hmmm... Again far too expensive. You can can a nice new one from ebay from £17 - £30 depending on quality and I know as I've just looked. Simply affix your Bremont buckle and who'd notice? I love Bremont, but they take the Michael with their strap prices. Honestly, how hard could it be to make a leather nato?

You can even buy new ones from Gas Gas Bones (http://www.gasgasbones.com/ggb-goodi...er-straps.html) who made the Nylon Nato type straps for Bremont for £29 and his aren't going to be poor quality items.

Not on my shopping list.
    Regards,

Rich.

My Collection so far:-
    Panerai Submersible 47mm PAM00389 Titanium
    Bremont U2 DLC on Bremont and StevoStraps Custom Straps.
    Raymond Weil Don Giovanni Cosi Grande on StevoStraps Custom Straps
    Seiko Prospex Marine Master 600m Springdrive (SBDB001) (Full Titanium).
    CWC Mechanical Pilots Chronograph
    CWC SBS Dive Watch (DLC)

Did you really expect a high end luxury watch brand to put out inexpensive straps? Seriously?

Also, I was never high on the GGB straps and thought they were grossly overrated. The Velcro never fit right and didn't like the look.

Quote Originally Posted by richslaney View Post
    hmmm... Again far too expensive. You can can a nice new one from ebay from £17 - £30 depending on quality and I know as I've just looked. Simply affix your Bremont buckle and who'd notice? I love Bremont, but they take the Michael with their strap prices. Honestly, how hard could it be to make a leather nato?

You can even buy new ones from Gas Gas Bones (http://www.gasgasbones.com/ggb-goodi...er-straps.html) who made the Nylon Nato type straps for Bremont for £29 and his aren't going to be poor quality items.

Not on my shopping list.

No I didn't expect inexpensive, it's bremont. I never thought they would put out a £30 strap, but I also don't believe that this is a £155 strap either. I know they have to preserve the brand name and to become 'reassuringly expensive', but in my opinion this is a tad pushing it too far.

I love Bremont, just got another on the way and already thinking of the next. I think the quality and design is superb, but the Nato is a VERY simple design they can't claim the cost is due to research and development as it's hardly tricky.

Regardless of GGB, my point is that this is really a £30 strap even in nice leather and certainly doesn't deserve to cost over £100 even for a premier manufacturer.

I also agree about GGB nylon straps. Mine was always coming part undone and the vecro ruined the double cuffs on a number of my TM Lewin shirts.

It's just my opinion and truly isn't a critisism of Bremont or anyone who likes the strap or intends to buy one. But I will say, can you honestly say that this a good price for a VERY simple strap which other manufacturers seem to do in various levels of quality from £15 to £30, not £155, regardless of it being a Bremont Item?
    Regards,

Rich.

CWC SBS Dive Watch (DLC)

Have to agree with nolanz14 about paying a high price for a strap for a high quality watch, especially if you want it to have "Bremont" stamped on the inside. Pay your money and take your choice.
    I am biased towards Bremont anyway, as you all know, because I sell them. HOWEVER….. a replacement strap for a Breitling is either £160 including pin buckle, £120 without.
    It is fair to assume that Breitling get their straps for less as they can order them in far greater quantity than Bremont can AT THE MOMENT.
    Enjoy the added expense as we all help Bremont grow…. Then when Bremont are as big as Breitling, we can pay less for the straps

This made my laugh....

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Enjoy the added expense as we all help Bremont grow…. Then when Bremont are as big as Breitling, we can pay less for the straps
    Regards,

Rich.

CWC SBS Dive Watch (DLC)

Guys,

I've been pointed in this direct regarding the Bremont nylons.

For the record --- I DO NOT MAKE STRAPS FOR BREMONT ANYMORE -----

From time to time I do small jobs for them but since late 2011 I haven't officially made the MB strap.
    Further more, I have NEVER made a MB strap with the felty bits. If you have a strap with the comfort felt fitted, it ISNT ONE OF MINE.

Naturally I want to protect my own product and reputation. If people are still associating Bremont straps with GGB and it is now tarnishing a well fought for good reputation then I have to speak out. To be honest and frank, threads like this are losing me sales. If people think GGB straps fall apart, they ain't coming to my site!

I have never physically seen one of the none GGB made nylons so I can't comment personally on what they are like. I have picked up on the threads before but its now time to put the record straight.

There are enough people here reading this now that, if the conversation comes up again they can help me out and let them know or direct them to this thread.

Thank you

Carl Evans - gasgasbones

Thanks for the clarification, Carl. We've brought this topic up in the past regarding the changes in production of the nylon straps (which happened over 2 years ago now), but it is an important distinction to make again.

I've personally had nothing but perfect experiences with my two made by GGB and would highly recommend his work to anyone looking for a bespoke strap. I believe the GGB reputation is quite strong across the forum readership.

J