Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day Trip to Naval Aviation Museum - Modem Burner

Day Trip to Naval Aviation Museum - Modem Burner

As Bremont is rooted in Aviation, I dug up old photos from a recent family outing.....

Last summer we went on a field trip over to Pensacola and to the Naval Aviation Museum.The museum is free and amazing in both size and content. When I say there were aircraft of all kinds, shapes, sizes and generation I am not kidding. No ropes, or not many I remember, you could get right up to them. Several were hanging from the ceiling, and covered the floor, too - I had to duck many nose cones and wings to get around - the place is packed.

Took so many pictures it drained my poor iphone, so here are just a few, these in no way cover all that is available to see

Love the shot of the Corsair F4U... My grandfather flew that in WW2 in the pacific

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bc321; 02-21-2014 at 12:14 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

I did my initial pilot training down in Pensacola flying T-34s and regularly went to that museum. In fact, our ground school toured it because there are transparent jet engine displays that we learned from. It's very good and I recommend it to anyone going through the area (even though I'm Air Force...).

- TexZan -

Quote Originally Posted by TexZan View Post
    I did my initial pilot training down in Pensacola flying T-34s and regularly went to that museum. In fact, our ground school toured it because there are transparent jet engine displays that we learned from. It's very good and I recommend it to anyone going through the area (even though I'm Air Force...).

Yeah, me and boys loved the museum and my wife loved the aviators walking around in uniform

Fantastic photos of what looks an amazing place.
    When I grew up as a small kid in Birmingham (England - the original one!) there was a Spitfire and Hurricane in the Science museum - enough to get you excited but nothing like the displays you have there or, say, at Duxford here.

Is that a Me-262?
    That's unexpected. I love those old German planes.
    No longer a fan boy...

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Fantastic photos of what looks an amazing place.
    When I grew up as a small kid in Birmingham (England - the original one!) there was a Spitfire and Hurricane in the Science museum - enough to get you excited but nothing like the displays you have there or, say, at Duxford here.
    I remember that Spitfire - as a boy I used to make my Dad take me to see it every weekend. (The museum was in Newhall Street wasn't it?). It's now at Millennium Point and I think the Spitfire is there still.

[QUOTE=TexZan;10415]I did my initial pilot training down in Pensacola flying T-34s and regularly went to that museum. In fact, our ground school toured it because there are transparent jet engine displays that we learned from. It's very good and I recommend it to anyone going through the area (even though I'm Air Force...).

I never had the opportunity to fly the T-34 but always admired the work of Walter Beech, particularly the Staggerwing (which I never flew either) Bonanza and Baron 55, the one I didn't get on with was the Duchess, very underpowered and something of a dog when it came to a single engine go around! My first introduction to the V tail Bonanza (OO-JAC) was in India C. 1953!!

Gavin

That is on the must do list.
    Great pics.

[QUOTE=Bc321;10408]Love the shot of the Corsair F4U... My grandfather flew that in WW2 in the pacific

Not the best photo I'm afraid, took this picture as the Corsair was landing on the grass at the Goodwood Revival some years ago.

Gavin