Thread: Alt1-P non- Roto-click

Alt1-P non- Roto-click

I've been looking for my first Bremont and have found an authorized dealer who has an Alt1-P with the internally rotating bezel that is does not seem to have the detents of the Roto click. Is this an older model? Any idea how old? Does anyone have any thoughts on the pros and cons of one system over the other?
    I'm very impressed with the Bremont line in general but since this will be my first one I want to make sure I'm buying the right one and not something that had issues.
    Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Welcome 66ELAN!

Great question, and one that I myself asked several years ago. I first spotted the ALT1-P in black in 2008 and it was love at first sight! I knew that I had to own it someday and I became a Bremont fan from that point forward. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the position to buy one, so I had to wait a few years and have regular visits to my local AD to keep the goal in sight. During the wait, the MBII was released which had a similar bi-directional internal rotating bezel, but it had roto-click, where as the ALT1-P and Z did not. I tinkered with them both and realized I really preferred the roto-click feature because the bezel marker never accidentally moves out of place.
    I saw lots of pictures of different ALT1-P's on the internet before roto-click was added, and the marker was always off center. Being somewhat OCD about that sort of thing, it annoyed the hell out of me! I made the decision to wait on the roto-click feature to be added.

I happened to ask about it in November 2011, and got word it was being added and placed my order. My watch arrived in January 2012 and was the first ALT1-P with roto-click sold in the USA! I'm personally very glad to have waited. The smooth turning bezel has been phased out for the past 2 years, so the watch you are looking at is old stock. That model was made from 2008-2012.

I would personally go on the hunt one with the roto-click bezel if it's important to you. Like you, this was my first major watch purchase, and I intend to never sell this one, so I bought it new so that it would be perfect when I got it. If you know you want roto-click, you need to then decide whether you want the older font/logo Bremont dial and crown with the "Swiss Made" branding, or the newer one with the updated, sexier font/prop logo on the dial and crown, with the "London" branding. The former was created during 2012, and the latter from 2013-current. I'm sure both can be found with some looking.

Hope that answers your question! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any further questions!

Again, welcome and post often!

Jeremy

Of course I think the logo on my 5 year-old black P is sexier! I agree with Jeremy though, that the roto-click is a great enhancement although personally it isn't something I pay particular attention to - if it's moved it's moved.
    p.s. have just fitted my new Bremont black leather strap with the red stitching to my P. Now that IS sexy! It picks up the red details on the dial wonderfully.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Oracle; 02-18-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    p.s. have just fitted my new Bremont black leather strap with the red stitching to my P. Now that IS sexy! It picks up the red details on the dial wonderfully.
    PROVE IT! Let's see a shot buddy

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    PROVE IT! Let's see a shot buddy
    Ah! You were too quick for me Jeremy. It's there now!

That really is awesome! I should add one to the strap artillery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice. When my standard issue Bremont strap for my U2 DLC started cracking on the edges Bremont offered me a replacement and I requested the one with Red Stitching and they kindly send me that one instead. Again really nice as the all black look with the Red stitching picking out the dials red 'Anti Shock' text, the red triangle on the second hand and Red Triangle at the 12'oclock position of the Inner root click bezel.
    I tried to get Bremont to let me buy a Red Barrel to as that would have made it look truly awesome, but they were having non of that I guess to preserve the MB1 thing.
    Regards,

Rich.

My Collection so far:-
    Panerai Submersible 47mm PAM00389 Titanium
    Bremont U2 DLC on Bremont and StevoStraps Custom Straps.
    Raymond Weil Don Giovanni Cosi Grande on StevoStraps Custom Straps
    Seiko Prospex Marine Master 600m Springdrive (SBDB001) (Full Titanium).
    CWC Mechanical Pilots Chronograph
    CWC SBS Dive Watch (DLC)

Quote Originally Posted by richslaney View Post
    Looks nice. When my standard issue Bremont strap for my U2 DLC started cracking on the edges Bremont offered me a replacement and I requested the one with Red Stitching and they kindly send me that one instead. Again really nice as the all black look with the Red stitching picking out the dials red 'Anti Shock' text, the red triangle on the second hand and Red Triangle at the 12'oclock position of the Inner root click bezel.
    I tried to get Bremont to let me buy a Red Barrel to as that would have made it look truly awesome, but they were having non of that I guess to preserve the MB1 thing.
    Your request for a red barrel would fall into the "Nice Try" category!

I agree with you Rich - I'm really pleased with the strap, and I reckon I look years younger with it too…….

mine isn't roto click... but I like either.... Altp is my daily wearer!

Err well at the moment it is...