Thread: In House Movement!

In House Movement!

To break the ice on this new Ask Bremont Forum, dare I ask the question that has been on the lips of many members of the Forum, namely how near are Bremont to producing an in-house movement that can be used in a core collection model?

Twiddling thumbs, eating popcorn....

Found this from an earlier Q&A with Giles while poking around the site: http://alt1tude.bremont.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337

Question 9
    From Andy Milts

"When do you anticipate making your 1st complete in house movement and it being avalible? What do you think the price point will be?"

Giles: "Hello Andy, technically we have come up with our first in-house movement but we have put it into a clock rather than a watch! We have two thoughts about in-house movements; the first is that every watch company and watch maker wants to have one and the second it is going to push your prices up considerably. We have been working on a project for a long time and it is looking great but it takes a lot of investment to get it right and we have to be sure that the market is there for it. Our view is that we want to do something different that is going to improve the watch and not just do it for vanity, many in-house movements are not as reliable and cost far more to buy/maintain we do not want to fall into that trap. To see what it does to retail prices Breitling is a good case study".

And this, not specific to in-house, about movement materials from Peter: http://alt1tude.bremont.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269

For movements, I am certainly examining the possibilities of new materials where I can see a clear and true advantage of their use. Our watches must perform faultlessly under all circumstances so I will not change from proven technology until I am sure of real advantage

These are both from 2011, so the idea has been talked about for awhile, but I'm sure (hope) that if/when Bremont does release an in-house it will be tested and as Peter said prove to have a real advantage and not done haphazard or do do one just for the sake of doing one.
    Last edited by rockmastermike; 01-27-2014 at 01:44 PM.