Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bremont - Martin-Baker ????

Bremont - Martin-Baker ????

Hi,

I`m a new member and I`m not sure that this is the best place to introduce myself but I thought I will share some interesting discovery I made after visiting Martin-Baker Aircraft Company in the UK.
    I`m a proud owner of Bremont MBII watch and I`m always looking for the latest news about Bremont Company.

I came across this watch while visiting Martin-Baker Aircraft Company not long time ago and when nobody was looking I took some pictures with my mobile phone . I was looking for some information or pictures on the Bremont website with no success.

Anyone knows what is it ? Red triangle on the face suggests Martin-Baker logo.

I hope that someone will be able to solved that mystery.

Thomas

Hey Thomas,
    Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing these cool pictures. If I had to take a guess, I think this was an original prototype Martin Baker. This watch is obviously based off a DLC ALT1-P, which is one of the original models the English brothers designed. If you look back at old shots of Bremont doing vibration testing for the Martin Baker, they were using an ALT1-P. My guess is that this piece holds a small piece of history as an early prototype model. The old GasGasBones strap also supports that theory.
    Last edited by jwalker9; 12-20-2013 at 01:14 AM.

I'm with jwalker on this. Looks like an early prototype!

twzorek, that's quite a nice first post on the forum! Welcome aboard!
    No longer a fan boy...

Welcome!
    Whatever it is I'm glad the ditched those awful hands!
    Bremont supermarine descent #30
    Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Welcome!
    Whatever it is I'm glad the ditched those awful hands!
    As someone with very little taste (apart from my ALT1-P and ALT1-C of course) I actually like those hands…...

Being a fan of just about everything Bremont have ever produced, I can say that I'm glad this one never saw the light of day! Just doesn't look right.

With heavy military styling like that I canít agree. Lots to like about that one with heavily done markings. You canít mistake its styling cues. Very purposeful.
    A

point

Can anyone make out the serial/inscription on the second picture?

looks like the hour/minute hands were hand painted?? Then again if it's some kind of prototype that might make sense. thanks for posting

While taking these pictures this watch was on one of the Martin-Baker Directors desk :-).

Thomas