Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Danger View Post

On a different note. It's minus 17 celcius outside today. I have never felt cold like it. I thought the US was meant to be warm!! Still - my Alt1-P doesn't seem to care. Whilst everything else is failing, my watch is still dead on time. Hurrah.
    I feel your pain. Taken at 9 A.M today. Of course this doesn't include wind chill.

Cheers,

Jerry

My Globemaster performed flawlessly in -25C back in January of 2012 in Manas, Kyrgyzstan. That was the coldest I've ever felt. We actually needed heaters to warm the engines so we could start them...It hurt to breathe!
    - TexZan -

Quote Originally Posted by TexZan View Post
    My Globemaster performed flawlessly in -25C back in January of 2012 in Manas, Kyrgyzstan. That was the coldest I've ever felt. We actually needed heaters to warm the engines so we could start them...It hurt to breathe!
    I know, it's crazy. I can feel icicles forming in my nose when I breathe in. My hands barely function, and it hurts my chest.

I don't know if I should cry or laugh at people that never experienced colder than -25c.
    Minus 39c here last week and I'm not sure we had two days over -10c in the last month... I'm thinking of moving anywhere in the world where the water never turns into ice. I heard Tennessee had -20c yesterday. I was in Nashville last month and you guys don't even have "real" winter jackets. You must be freezing like crazy!

Surprisingly, anything colder than -20c feels all the same to me. The air gets drier as it gets colder and you don't feel the cold as much. Of course my beloved SE Alt1tude didn't care one bit, it was resting against my wrist under my North Face Himalayan parka. That's about the only way to stay warm in those temperatures.
    Last edited by G-F; 01-08-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    No longer a fan boy...

I feel your pain, all of my friends in the States.
    Just DON'T send it over the Atlantic to us - at my age it could get serious!

Quote Originally Posted by G-F View Post
    I don't know if I should cry or laugh at people that never experienced colder than -25c.
    Minus 39c here last week and I'm not sure we had two days over -10c in the last month... I'm thinking of moving anywhere in the world where the water never turns into ice. I heard Tennessee had -20c yesterday. I was in Nashville last month and you guys don't even have "real" winter jackets. You must be freezing like crazy!

Surprisingly, anything colder than -20c feels all the same to me. The air gets drier as it gets colder and you don't feel the cold as much. Of course my beloved SE Alt1tude didn't care one bit, it was resting against my wrist under my North Face Himalayan parka. That's about the only way to stay warm in those temperatures.
    Anything colder than -20 is just cold. That's all people need to know. I just don't understand why all the schools are closed. I mean....they have heating, and there's colder places in the world that have school all year round. There's no snow or ice really.....just a few icicles here and there.

And no.....I don't have a winter jacket. I left that in England when I moved here.

Quote Originally Posted by TexZan View Post
    Do not envy the de-icing team in these conditions!!

Gavin

So for those of you that haven't frozen or indeed for those of us in the UK haven't lost all contact with the outside world after all the floods - here are the long awaited results of the Christmas competition....

It caused much deliberation in the Bremont office, as well as creating many smiles at the effort that went in to the entries!

1st prize of A Bremont Temple Island rubber strap, Bremont luggage tag, Tested beyond endurance T shirt and exclusive Bremont 'Horsemen' cap goes to....
    ORACLE for his 'Festive Beyond Endurance' entry.

As we had so many great entries it was also decided to have 2nd and 3rd prizes....

2nd Prize of a Bremont Luggage tag and Horsemen cap goes to....

TexZan with his wonderful poem and photograph

and 3rd Prize of a Bremont 'Tested Beyond Endurance' T shirt goes to....

Jim Leslie for his excellent poem.

Thanks for everyone who entered, it really was so amazing to see how many people got involved and the epic entries! Winners, please PM me with address details and I will make sure your prizes are sent out accordingly.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Congratulations to all the winners! Enjoy those new year goodies!

It was the cat! My dog does that all the time...I should've taken advantage :-)

Congrats, Oracle and Jim. Well-deserved!
    - TexZan -