Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salon QP 2013- What to Expect

Cool Salon QP 2013- What to Expect

As we know, Salon QP is happening this week and the folks at HQ are really excited to share the highly anticipated Codebreaker with attendees. Aside from that, we aren't sure what exactly the English brothers have in store for possible releases or announcements.
    What would you like to see announced this year at QP? Any new limited edition or civilian watch ideas? Any straps or accessories that you'd like to see? Any new locations or Bremont Boutiques?

For me, I am personally hoping that with the Codebreaker release, Bremont will make that awesome looking leather NATO strap available for purchase! I think it would be very popular with Bremont owners and would pair well with the entire range of watches. I am also a big fan of the S2000 and the upgrades it offers from the S500... BUT, that S500 in blue is a real stunner! I'd love to see the S2000 offered in more colors, particularly in blue!

What are you hoping to see?

Let's see:
    -I wanted Bremont to make a forum SE, that's done.
    -I wanted Bremont to make gold watches, that's done. Though I still think they could make a rose gold S500 by doing a rose gold barrel and rose gold indices and that would look amazing. Keep the price sane, unlike the other rose gold models they made. 4 to 5 times the price for a rose gold model = scam.
    -I wanted a lady Bremont and they did with the solo37

So basically, all my previous wish lists been answered (to some extent).
    -I still wish they'd make a cool bronze watch.
    -I still wish they'd make a feminine yet rugged MB2 in 37mm (a market of probably 1, my gf) but still, it's MY wish list
    -I'd like a stripped down manual wind Bremont.

No longer a fan boy...

That's a pretty good track record! If Bremont were to make a manual wind watch, I think the Victory or the ALT1-C in Rose Gold would have been the ideal candidates since they are the two dressiest offerings to date. I def agree that there's a place for bronze somewhere in the collection. As you mentioned, the demand for a smaller ladies MB2 is probably small, but I get where you're coming from. Are you successfully hiding the solo 37 for another 8 weeks?
    I suppose this topic also raises the question of when Bremont will debut an 'in-house' movement? I'm not thinking it will be Salon QP, but maybe by the time Baselworld comes around? They've been dropping hints for a while now, so surely they have plans in the not-too-distant future?

I can't wait to see their in-house movement, the problem is that I'm in no hurry to see the associated price tag!

No longer a fan boy...

Quote Originally Posted by G-F View Post

So basically, all my previous wish lists been answered (to some extent).
    -I still wish they'd make a cool bronze watch.

On the point of Bronze watches, what do you think of models such as the Panerai Luminor 'Bronzo?' The associations with this material are often more sea related than Air related, but I do know that Bremont are always looking into innovative and differing materials to make their cases exceptional so you never know! I suppose they have kind of used Bronze already in the B1 Marine Clock, but you can't really wear that every day

Love them, especially the fact that they gain patina so quickly and each one will look totally different to another.
    Bremont supermarine descent #30
    Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m

Quote Originally Posted by ALT1-S View Post
    On the point of Bronze watches, what do you think of models such as the Panerai Luminor 'Bronzo?' The associations with this material are often more sea related than Air related, but I do know that Bremont are always looking into innovative and differing materials to make their cases exceptional so you never know! I suppose they have kind of used Bronze already in the B1 Marine Clock, but you can't really wear that every day
    I did pass up on the Panerai Bronzo (382 iirc) an AD was offering at retail for a 386. Long story short, the 386 never got the green light and the 382 now sells for twice its original price.

If Bremont wants to keep its watches tied to aviation, then titanium becomes a no brainer.

As does manual wind, firsts airplanes had to be started manually...
    No longer a fan boy...

Quote Originally Posted by G-F View Post
    I did pass up on the Panerai Bronzo (382 iirc) an AD was offering at retail for a 386. Long story short, the 386 never got the green light and the 382 now sells for twice its original price.

If Bremont wants to keep its watches tied to aviation, then titanium becomes a no brainer.

As does manual wind, firsts airplanes had to be started manually...
    Wasn't there talk about a titanium S2000 or was I just reading one of your many wishes?

The use of titanium does make me smile with the thought of it being coloured - like you get with titanium jewellery. If you didn't already know they colour it by zapping it with different voltages of electricity - the different voltages create different colours. It would be great …… you could request your watch in pink (63 volts) or green (90 v) or blue (24 v)

Could be a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Wasn't there talk about a titanium S2000 or was I just reading one of your many wishes?

The use of titanium does make me smile with the thought of it being coloured - like you get with titanium jewellery. If you didn't already know they colour it by zapping it with different voltages of electricity - the different voltages create different colours. It would be great …… you could request your watch in pink (63 volts) or green (90 v) or blue (24 v)

Could be a winner!
    I want a blue colored titanium watch. And maybe an orange too.

Wouldn't that be great?
    No longer a fan boy...

Oh and the titanium watch was one of my wish for a LE based on the sr71.

There's so much I wish for, it's hard to keep track.
    No longer a fan boy...